Windows 7 restarts tand reports it has recovered from an unexpected shutdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
Hey all, wondering if anyone else has seen this. I have a desktop machine running Win 7 with SP1, what`s happening is, from time to time Windows will restart and after that report the following, "Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown." Been running an experiment to see if this was an issue with the AC power in the building by running both my desktop and my laptop (both run Win7) to see if they both exibit the same behavior, as of this post so far the desktop has done it but the laptop hasen`t, making me wonder if something else is up here, the app/program it reports as encountering a problem is called "BLUESCREEN". Any thoughts? Still doing the experiment, but might stop it as it seems this is not an issue with the AC power in this place, which is unfortunate. N9NRA

K5MPH

Brownsville Texas,On The Border By The Sea.
Have you checked to see if you have an program running in the back ground that may be causing it,and if i remember right i had this same problem also with a desk top and windows XP years ago and found it was the CPU over heating the fan and the heat sink was very dusty,i clean it and i never had that problem again....

Last edited:

KC4RAF

Davenport,Fl.- home to me and the gators and the s
+1 with KB5ZCS, but with an XP machine;

the heat sink for the CPU and it's associated fan were dusty big time, thus causing the unit to over heat. This would cause the unit to shut down and posts something about an "...unexpected shut down...". Cleaned the fan and heat sink and it never shut down again. Check your unit to see if that may be the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.