RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Connecticut Radio Discussion Forum

Connecticut Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Connecticut.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-22-2009, 8:54 PM

Default New England Buff Group

JDM Communications - Home

Looks like a cool system! They have scanner feeds and repeaters all over new england.
Sponsored links
Old 03-23-2009, 8:32 AM

Sounds interesting. Anyone know any of the freqs so we can give a listen and see if its anything?
Old 03-26-2009, 4:46 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cskib32087 View Post
Sounds interesting. Anyone know any of the freqs so we can give a listen and see if its anything?

Frequencies anyone? Maybe the same as the old "Citywide Radio" freqs?
Old 03-26-2009, 5:09 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

They are probably leasing airtime on various community or private carrier repeaters or LTR systems. For example, the site their map shows near New Haven is probably up on West Rock. Utility Communications, Connecticut Radio, Inc., and Marcus all have licenses for repeater up there so it could be any of them.

Anyone near West Rock can start with these:
Utility

CT Radio

Marcus
Old 03-26-2009, 10:36 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Does anyone know the freq. for the new london area and for the northeast part of ct?
Sponsored links
Old 03-27-2009, 10:37 AM

Due to that fact that we provide a payed service, We cannot officially release freqs and pls (Then everyone and their mother would program their radios....cant have that). However we will have an online scanner of New England Citywide up very soon after completion of our new dot com.
Old 03-27-2009, 8:34 PM
The Third Variable
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMCommunications View Post
Due to that fact that we provide a payed service, We cannot officially release freqs and pls (Then everyone and their mother would program their radios....cant have that).
You do realize that licensed frequencies are public knowledge, dont you?

any schmuck with a newer radio / scanner can find your PL in under a minute.

I understand that your policy is to not release this information, but dont think that it cant be found easily.

For Instance, just by the map on your website, I am pretty sure that you're using Marcus Holdings trunked system tower near New London.

And I'm from Iowa, never been East of Chicago.

Last edited by burner50; 03-27-2009 at 8:52 PM..
Old 03-27-2009, 9:03 PM

Obviously. But dont think I'm going to post it for everyone. The frequencies and rental companies previously mentioned are false. Its not the fact of getting on the radio. Its the software we have and the scanners all on the same window. Multiple scanners can be listened to at once with no delay. And you can talk over our radio network through your own computer. No radio required....just an internet connection.

So if someone finds the freqs and pls, good for them. If they interfear with daily operations, I'll switch to LTR. I don't want to. I want people to listen in, but a little hesitant about people decideing they want to play childish games.

Every member signed a disclosure agreement....so dont ask them. I woln't hesitate to prosecute. This is too expensive for us to maintain to have our service value go down.

I will say this. If your a Registered member on this forum and wish to join, E-mail us and mention your a member here. I will give you a discount. Anyone willing to host a repeater or radio link site, let me know...thats a substantial discount. Are our prices heavy? Yeah, I think they are. However, our goal is to link all of New england. No matter what the cost. Any feedback YOU guys can give, would be great!

We are a New Company (JDM Communications) and a New Incident Notification Service. Prices will go down once membership rises. Memers that are with us from the beginning will be compensated. Think of it as a shareholder aspect.

There, I think I kind-of explained a few things that may of been needed. Thank you to those who have already signed up or expressed interest!! we are approaching 40 members! (Most in the CT area)

- JDM Communications
Old 03-28-2009, 3:32 AM
The Third Variable
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Quote:
Obviously. But dont think I'm going to post it for everyone.
Naturally... That is the policy of almost every similar company.

Quote:
So if someone finds the freqs and pls, good for them. If they interfear with daily operations, I'll switch to LTR. I don't want to. I want people to listen in, but a little hesitant about people decideing they want to play childish games.

Every member signed a disclosure agreement....so dont ask them. I woln't hesitate to prosecute. This is too expensive for us to maintain to have our service value go down.
Please understand that when somebody here asks for the frequency, it is so that they can listen using their monitoring equipment... Most people here would not do anything nefarious with your system.

I'm not saying its impossible, but unlikely out of our members here.

I am curious to know more about your system. If it is not LTR, and you're using SMR type services, does every customer get a private "channel"? How does that work?
Old 03-28-2009, 12:27 PM

Well without giving away company secrets....here is a basic idea of the system...

You have the repeaters, all seperate freqs and pls. Every Radio and Full member is givin these channels. they talk to which ever repeater they are closer to. We accomplish the simulcast environment through our online server. Basicly the repeaters each have a mobile radio with attatched computer (Something kinda of like a Rigblaster...but our own design) in the broadcast area which send and recieve the information to broadcast it online...and vise versa onto the repeater. the online server (through a VOX type setup) broadcasts the calling radio onto the other repeaters. It is basicly an ROIP set up, but a little more compicated.

Anyone interested in learning more, I can provide a demo. Just email sales@jdmcomm.com and say your interested and would like a demo.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:43 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Wink

If its so good let us have a 30 day trial. All good companies do that? In this tough economy everyone of my $$ counts

Quote:
Obviously. But dont think I'm going to post it for everyone. The frequencies and rental companies previously mentioned are false. Its not the fact of getting on the radio. Its the software we have and the scanners all on the same window. Multiple scanners can be listened to at once with no delay. And you can talk over our radio network through your own computer. No radio required....just an internet connection.

I will say this. If your a Registered member on this forum and wish to join, E-mail us and mention your a member here. I will give you a discount. Anyone willing to host a repeater or radio link site, let me know...thats a substantial discount. Are our prices heavy? Yeah, I think they are. However, our goal is to link all of New england. No matter what the cost. Any feedback YOU guys can give, would be great!

We are a New Company (JDM Communications) and a New Incident Notification Service. Prices will go down once membership rises. Memers that are with us from the beginning will be compensated. Think of it as a shareholder aspect.

There, I think I kind-of explained a few things that may of been needed. Thank you to those who have already signed up or expressed interest!! we are approaching 40 members! (Most in the CT area)

- JDM Communications
Old 03-28-2009, 1:15 PM

We talked about that. We offer a 7 Day trial based on the fact that your going to know with-in 7 Days if your going to like the system, (In fact people know the first time they log on).

As far as the prices go, we offer discounts to people who refferral or host scanner sites for us. I completely understand the economy issue. However to fully give everyone on the system the bang for their buck, its not cheap. Prices will go down, and coverage will go larger. As I said we are just starting out. As it is, the partnership already bit the bullett of 3 months worth of bills to get the system online in the first place.

But look at it this way...for $25 bucks a month, you get everything. Thats basicly a gym membership. We gave the option of paying for a year at a discounted rate. Not saying you have to pay the year, but it was easier for some customers.

We're not looking to get rich off this. We're trying to create the largest network in history. All of the staff are fire/ems/dispatchers who either buff, or like to listen in. Most of our clients are the same. I think considering the type and availability of the system and resources, its not a bad deal.
Old 03-29-2009, 1:18 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Wow look what i started! Just wanted to know the freq. to punch into my scanner. Not sure i understand why they can't be posted. Just a little confused. Rhode Island and Mass. freq. are all posted for everyone to see. Is it not the same as Massnet or citywide in Providence?
Old 03-29-2009, 7:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burner50 View Post
Please understand that when somebody here asks for the frequency, it is so that they can listen using their monitoring equipment... Most people here would not do anything nefarious with your system.
You'd be surprised. Its happened before.
Old 03-29-2009, 1:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_town View Post
You'd be surprised. Its happened before.
MANY times....Its sad that some people have to ruin it for others. Otherwise All the freqs, pls, and QCII tones woud be posted.
Sponsored links
Old 03-31-2009, 6:25 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

as a member I can say that this group is a wonderful outlet to both buff and become more involved in as time gets put into this idea. the guys are awesome at maintaining their stuff as well as creating a brotherhood type of effect on fellow buffs/scanner followers. If your interested in a members view feel free to hit myself up but im telling you this idea is a good one and im glad i jumped on, And im a guy who loves his radios and such.....

steve

Too many radios to count lol
Old 04-04-2009, 9:23 PM

Please if anyone has the frequencies please send it my way
Iím sure eventually it WILL leak out and everyone will have it. why be a deuce bag in the beginning and then no one will want to join your system..
look what has happened to 1str Responder Radio network, they were planning on patching the entire east cost, they got nowhere but having 50 mile radius coverage

look at Metro Fire Radio in NJ, they are public with their frequencies and they are still in business and not afraid people will listen and not pay...

if youíre a buff and you hear the frequencies and it sounds good, the buff will eventually sign up and pay the 60 dollars a year.

As far as doing paging notification, Breaking News Network is already and has been for over 15 years the leading in news notification.

I think setting up a nice buff radio group in CT would be awesome, but the way you approach it isnít the right way IMHO
Old 04-04-2009, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAN840 View Post
Please if anyone has the frequencies please send it my way
Iím sure eventually it WILL leak out and everyone will have it. why be a deuce bag in the beginning and then no one will want to join your system..
look what has happened to 1str Responder Radio network, they were planning on patching the entire east cost, they got nowhere but having 50 mile radius coverage

look at Metro Fire Radio in NJ, they are public with their frequencies and they are still in business and not afraid people will listen and not pay...

if youíre a buff and you hear the frequencies and it sounds good, the buff will eventually sign up and pay the 60 dollars a year.

As far as doing paging notification, Breaking News Network is already and has been for over 15 years the leading in news notification.

I think setting up a nice buff radio group in CT would be awesome, but the way you approach it isnít the right way IMHO
Well then why don't you fork over the cash out of your wallet and make one yourself. The only one being a d-bag is you complaining about not having everything handed to you on a golden platter.
Old 04-08-2009, 7:36 PM

I was going to try this out, I was a member of citywide when it was around and it was fun, but this looks like to much Drama already. Ill do the wait and see thing, me and a few guys have a UHF repeater we BS on now so that will work for the time.
Old 04-19-2009, 6:38 PM

$25 a month huh? Wow, the other service in the Hartford area is $60 for the year.