Hartford rebanding

Status
Not open for further replies.

cg

Premium Subscriber
From my post on ScanConnecticut Yahoo Group:

The next part of the Hartford rebanding took place today. The replacement channels for the 860.xxxx frequencies that were taken down on Friday were turned on today. They are not in the trunk cycle as of yet but have been ID’ed. Since the new channels are not yet being used, it can’t be determined if there will be any changes to the function of the system.
The original 1-12 channel assignments have not changed.
13 – 854.0125
14 – 856.0375
15 – 854.5625
16 – 855.0125
For now the system continues to run on only 11 voice channels.
chris

bluefox2163

rebanding

will you let us know what we have to do to monitor the system correctly once the complete rebanding? thanks!

The only thing you should need to do for hartford's system to monitor properly after the rebanding is complete, is make sure all the re-banded freq's are in the correct LCN order. and of course make sure they're all adjusted to their re-banded freq's.

Generally speaking, I think re-banding is basically just moving the freq down 15MHz.

cg

Premium Subscriber
That is likely correct but since they had not yet turned on the new frequencies, I can't say for sure that there is no other changes coming.
At some point, there will also be some changes to the repeated backup frequencies.

chris

Alarmroom

Premium Subscriber
Hartford Rebanding

Hartford has begun rebanding the HARTTAC channels today:

HARTTAC 1: 853/808.7000 MHz PL 114.8
HARTTAC 2: 851/806.3500 MHz PL 114.8

Alarmroom

Premium Subscriber
HARTTAC Changes

HARTTAC CHANGES:

HARTTAC 1: 851.3500 MHZ 114.8
HARTTAC 2: 851.6750 MHZ 114.8
HARTTAC 3: 853.1375 MHZ 114.8
HARTTAC 4: 853.7000 MHZ 114.8

These changes were confirmed and should be completed by the end of this week.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
IIRC, its just a common freq for non-EDACS radios to allow a common conventional repeated channel for out of city fire/ems/police units to talk to each other.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Also used for backup. I believe they were used for several days in 2008 by PD & FD for system wide problems.

chris

awasser1

Premium Subscriber
they were testing the new HARTTAC Freq this am when I was on my way out of town. they sounded loud and clear to me....

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
Hartford Rebanding

So Chris, Reprogramming our radios for Hartford EDACS sounds like once we have two pieces of information, we will be able to capture all transmissions on the system.

The two pieces of information are the correct frequencies and assigning each frequency with the proper LCN.

We have the old frequencies and the new frequencies. We know which old frequencies will be replaced by the new frequencies. Now all we have to do is determine the LCN's of all and program our radios.

Of course, if they wanted to, they could change the talk group assignments around which would cause anyone who neglected to restore previously locked out talk groups while this rebanding is progressing, could miss out and think their radio needs replacing. Wait... I think I just stumbled upon a great rationalization for buying a new scanner!

Bill

cg

Premium Subscriber
the new freqs with the correct LCN's are in the first post. Since they had not been turned on yet, I was reluctant to post them as finalized. In the last couple of days, I have seen some trunked test transmissions over my 396XT.
The caution is because I had heard old radios would no longer work. The changes made would not render the radios permanently unusable, just in need of reprogramming. That is unless there were to be other changes as well. That is the reason for the delay in saying to program that info as correct.
If you are doing it anyway, put the Post #1 info in.

chris

connscan

As of this morning, I am seeing all of the new channels active except for #13-854.0125.

Nice job on ID'ing the new LCN's Chris!

Also, the crosspatch radio was NOT programmed for the new system freqs. I just checked and found that any of the FD talkgroups that were assigned to the new freq's do not cross patch to the 154.310.

Last edited:

xplorer417

Hi all i am just curious is 154.3100 still being used just for dispatch only and all incident chs are not connected to 154.3100 u will only be able to hear them on the trs only is that correct thanks

cg

Premium Subscriber
It is dispatch (priority), incident 1, incident 2, incident 3.
Everything else is TRS only.

chris

upser11

I never had a problem picking up 154.310 from South Windsor on Ellington line. To far away to pick up TRS clearly. But now having a problem w/ 154.310, goes in and out a lot of static,definitely not the same aprx. last 5 days. Has something changed if so will it be restored to the way it was? Any body know whats going on?

awasser1

Premium Subscriber
Sounds the same here in Bloomfield...only about 3 miles away from the transmitter site though...It always has sounded noisy in background with this repeater translation.

Status
Not open for further replies.