New London may join Waterford's System

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmacinct

Isnt Waterford VHF and New London UHF?
The articles say that New London will have to maintain thier UHF equipment???
Is NL just going to use the backbone of the system, but stay on UHF??

This is just for the Radio Network as I read it (Seeing that Waterford surrounds New London geographically).
The consolidation of dispatch services is yet to be determined.....

cg

Premium Subscriber
Waterford is 800MHz P25 trunked. The trunked system is what New London is joining. They may be keeping the legacy equipment for backup.

chirs

oilmillcharlie

Premium Subscriber
Hearing a lot of traffic on Waterford talkgroup 218 (New London Police). Believed to be a simulcast of N.L.'s UHF channel. Demonstrating or testing??? Do not know.

thom

Premium Subscriber
N.L as well as East Lyme FD & Montville FD have been on Waterford's patch channels occasionally. Could Waterford be making a case for being the regional center for all these towns?

oilmillcharlie

Premium Subscriber
N.L as well as East Lyme FD & Montville FD have been on Waterford's patch channels occasionally. Could Waterford be making a case for being the regional center for all these towns?

Wouldn't be surprised as Montville and to a lesser extent Ledyard are all pushing a regional dispatch system. Montville is adding a new Police station with a new dispatch center who would love to expand their dispatch area. Waterford may be trying to sneak in the back door. On Waterford's system away from town there seems to be too much multi-path distortion. The audio on the patch to the 33.94 fire channel is less than optimal. Not impressed with Waterford's system.

thom

Premium Subscriber
I though they might have tweaked it by now, but will probably have to if other towns join the system. When you travel just 3 miles west of the Niantic bridge on 156, it is almost unreadable.

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
I've been hearing rumors Station PQ (Mashantucket) or Station R (Ledyard) may be come a regional center too. But like I said, only rumors.

kmacinct

I've been hearing rumors Station PQ (Mashantucket) or Station R (Ledyard) may be come a regional center too. But like I said, only rumors.

What? There is free money to become a regional dispatch? Let's all jump on the Regional Dispatch Idea - and keep it at 3, so we meet the State Requirements, but really dont do "Regional" dispatch - call it "3 or more" dispatching......

xplorer417

i am wondering if NL will want to do this also for better ops when they have stuff going on at the piere like opsail and stuff like that i was at opsail i so nothing but waterford and new london ems personal and also saw waterfords mobile command center for that weekends event i wonder what frequenceys they were using when they were there

Spenser4Hire

Ledyards Mayor is actually looking at farming out his dispatch center. He was haned a couple of towns to go talk to about being dispatched by Ledyard, and he failed to cantact them.

Status
Not open for further replies.