Any Scanner & Antenna Superstores Around CT, NY, or MA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASTRO_Man

Premium Subscriber
I'm looking for a scanner superstore with a wide variety of scanner accesories and antennas.

ASTRO_Man

Premium Subscriber
I'm looking for a scanner superstore that sells we accesories and a wide variety of antennas.

eng5

Premium Subscriber
Scanner World in Albany, but they're primarily on-line or mail-order.

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
There is nothing in the waterbury area but there is lentinis in berlin,i dont think he carries alot in stock and stuff may have to be ordered and he has a variety of antennas and ham radio equipment but not much in scanners.but you can order from him then you have scanner world in new york and scanner master in massachusetts which have websites you can order from.

Sponsored by...

scanner master in massachusetts which have websites you can order from.

Scanner Master, you can buy stuff at their offices:
260 Hopping Brook Road, Holliston, MA 01746

Near Framingham, MA

I have not been there, but their website is so detailed, not sure why you would need to go there. I've bought 2 scanners and many accessories there without a hitch.

Banner is in the upper right corner ^^^^^

Lentini deserves a look too if you're nearby to Berlin. Lentini Communications, Inc.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Threads merged

Threads combined to the earlier post.

Please don't cross post, pick a single forum and post your question.

bluefox2163

theres one

in cromwell in the big plaza but i cant remember what its called kinda small but he has scanners and antennas

L&S Communications

in cromwell in the big plaza but i cant remember what its called kinda small but he has scanners and antennas
L&S Communications
51 Shunpike Road, Cromwell, CT 06416
Phone: (860) 635-2455

Near K Mart. Have not been in there in awhile, so I didn't mention it. I wouldn't call it a Superstore, but there's the phone number.

vannossc

Premium Subscriber
Last time I was at Lentini's I grabbed a almost NIB IC-R5 for $135. Use it almost daily, although I wish I could understand it better...

No doublt tho, he had a ton of HAM stuff and plenty of antennas, more mobile if I recall. I'll be back in October.

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
Lentini's also has a decent selection of scanner stuff too. But remember, you'll pay more.
If you want something specific, it's cheaper to go to scanner master via their webpage or scanner world via their webpage.

SCPD

QRT
Yes...Scanner Master in MA/Scanner World in Albany, NY and I am also a dealer but mainly to Volunteer Firefighters and Departments. Resond back and let me know what your looking for.
Have a nice Sunday.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Sign of the

I used to love supporting a local dealer like Lentini. I have been doing business with them since crystals were first put in scanners. I even bought my first Ham portable when I got my Ham license. Unfortunately, with the economy being what it is, I no longer do business with them on a regular basis. Between the fuel cost and the state tax, it is no longer cost effective for me to continue to do business with them. With just a few clicks here at my house, I can order whatever I need much cheaper. If I happen to be in the area, say at the Cables and Connectors store up the road where I get all my electronic parts that ratshack does not have, THEN I stop by and maybe pick up an accessory or 2. Too bad!

Manny

Last edited:

russellmaher

KC1ANC
I agree that Lentini's is close by and it's nice to support the locals, but they don't give their product up too cheap; so online shopping will get you lower prices and saves you $$ on fuel. Just where up the road is that Cables and Connectors store? This sounds like a place I need to check out.

Russell

Cables & Connectors

Just where up the road is that Cables and Connectors store?

Cable & Connectors is near McDonald's on the Berlin Turnpike, across from where Hartford Drive In was.

2307 Berlin Turnpike Newington, CT

The ultimate "toy store" for just about any connector, component, power supply or gadget you can think of. When the owner recognized in the 90's that Radio Shack was getting away from selling all of those components, he very wisely opened a store to fill the void. Peg Boards and Walls full of "stuff".

If you remember Hatry's or Signal Center - you get the idea.

I too bought my very first Scanners, CB's, Short Waves, Antennas and Crystals from Lentini in the 70's. Good people, outdone by the Internet on pricing.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Cable & Connectors is near McDonald's on the Berlin Turnpike, across from where Hartford Drive In was.

2307 Berlin Turnpike Newington, CT

The ultimate "toy store" for just about any connector, component, power supply or gadget you can think of. When the owner recognized in the 90's that Radio Shack was getting away from selling all of those components, he very wisely opened a store to fill the void. Peg Boards and Walls full of "stuff".

If you remember Hatry's or Signal Center - you get the idea.

I too bought my very first Scanners, CB's, Short Waves, Antennas and Crystals from Lentini in the 70's. Good people, outdone by the Internet on pricing.

I love that store! You are not kidding about it being the ultimate "toy" store. It never fails, I walk in with a defined list of ONLY the items I need for a project, and somehow I walk out with "a few more" extra items that I HAVE to have! ( aha, right!) I do miss Hatry's from back in the day!

Manny

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.