Prospect Town Of

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firebuff66

Feed Provider
They changed to 110.9 about a month ago due to some noise on the old PL.

xplorer417

EAST LONGMEADOW FD also uses that frew they switch to a dpl a month ago and also switch to analog tone out and digital capable

Last edited:

MarkB513

That PL has been changed for a while. Close to the time they made it a repeater. They also have a new repeater frequency of 159.240 which I've heard nothing on yet. It's extremely low power and doesn't seem like it would even cover the entire town. I would think it's to separate the PW and PD, but not sure which would be switching.

csp662

Premium Subscriber
The PL was changed quite some time ago. Our new license WQPH334 is almost ready to be put into service. We are just waiting for a new pole to put the antennas on. This will be PD only so we don't have to hear the public works trucks, etc.
The FCC only allowed us a max ERP of 14 watts and an antenna height of 90 feet due to our high elevation (about 900' MSL). The repeater out will be 159.2400 and the input will be 151.4375. Right now the CTCSS is 123.0. The coverage should be a little better than the 155.760 repeater based on the higher antenna.
The build out deadline date is 05/17/2013, so we hope it is up and running before then to avoid filing an extension.

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
Matt, is the FD dispatch still being broadcast over the otwn frequency?

csp662

Premium Subscriber
Hey Joe,

CMED is still simulcasting the dispatch over 155.760 for now, but the system is a mess. CMED usually cuts out part way through the dispatch. Most of us get the dispatches as text messages anyways. When the new channel goes into service, I think we are just going to scan the fire channel with the police channel as priority. Troop I will still be our main dispatch, but we do alot of talking on the town radio. All of the radios have already been reprogrammed and also made narrow band compliant. Everything is Motorola. The only thing we have heard on the 159.2400 freq is MASSDOT with a CWID every 1/2 hour or so, no other stations.

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
CSP662 so prospect poice will have a frequency of 151.4375 with a pl of 123.0 and will you gutys be encyrypted.

cg

Premium Subscriber
That will be the repeater input. Monitor the output on 159.2400 pl 123.0

chris

joehawth

KB1RRG
town DPW and PPD are still using 155.76, and PFD dispatches are still simulcasted on their freq. All PFD radios were reprogrammed in late december for narrowbanding on 155.76

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
The PL was changed quite some time ago. Our new license WQPH334 is almost ready to be put into service. We are just waiting for a new pole to put the antennas on. This will be PD only so we don't have to hear the public works trucks, etc.
The FCC only allowed us a max ERP of 14 watts and an antenna height of 90 feet due to our high elevation (about 900' MSL). The repeater out will be 159.2400 and the input will be 151.4375. Right now the CTCSS is 123.0. The coverage should be a little better than the 155.760 repeater based on the higher antenna.
The build out deadline date is 05/17/2013, so we hope it is up and running before then to avoid filing an extension.

oh come on you guys dont like listening to the town crew,they are so exciting to listen to lol seriously though after everything is set the police,the fire dept and the town crew will have their own frequencies.

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
Who provides the ambulance service in Prospect? The FD website shows a EMS SUV, but no ambulance. The Town website does not list a Prospect Ambulance Service.

How is the Prospect PD set up? The web says that they have 4 cruisers and a Resident State Trooper. If I had to guess, I would guess that there are approx 8 fulltime Propsect police officers under the command of one State Trooper (who functions as the Prospect Police Chief - which seems to be a solely Connecticut type of thing).

It seems that Prospect PD is dispatched by State Police Troop I out of Bethany (on the State 800 Mhz TRS), but most car to car traffic is on the local Prospect VHF system).

Prospect FD is dispatched by ?CMED via 154.40 ?

joehawth

KB1RRG
prospect FD is dispatched by CMED on 154.400, we have 2 EMS fly car SUV's, but no ambulance. Transporation is done by Campion ambulance out of waterbury. I'm not sure how many FT/PT police officers we have, but that is close to the setup

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
as far as the police i believe there is a resident state trooper and constables,they are on the state police system and is covered by troop I and the designations start with the letters IC here is some of them i hear that cover prospect
Ic 25--prospect
IC 26—prospect
IC 29--prospect
Ic 30—prospect
Ic 31-propsect
IC 32—prospect
IC 34—prospect
IC 37—prospect
IC 38-prospect

csp662

Premium Subscriber
16 police officers with 1 Administrative LT (17 total) and 1 Resident Trooper

6 Crown Vics
3 Ford patrol SUV's

Authorized radio ID's are IC20 through IC39. Right now, IC22 through IC39 are assigned with the exception of IC35. Dispatched by Troop I (for now, centralized dispatch is coming)

csp662

Premium Subscriber
The new police channel is in service and sounds good. Excellent mobile coverage in town that extends well into the surrounding towns. Portable coverage in town is about 85%-90% with only a few areas of poor coverage in the areas where there are low spots or shadowed by a hill. Let us know how it sounds!

WQPH334 159.2400 Repeater out CTCSS 123.0

P.S. Can the person with the live feed add this channel? Thanks.

Last edited:

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
I was picking them up on both my scanners today from Wolcott. What is this channel going to be used for? the reason why I ask this because troop I covers prospect and they use their own system. Is this channel used just for the resident state troopers.

MarkB513

I also heard them testing today from Cheshire on both talk-around and repeater from my mobile. It was just the resident state troopers. I believe they wanted to be separated from the highway dept. Not sure if NW C-MED will have access to the repeater similar to 155.760. It was mentioned in an earlier message that the deadline to have this up and running was in May, so they're only 5 months late !!!

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
I also heard them testing today from Cheshire on both talk-around and repeater from my mobile. It was just the resident state troopers. I believe they wanted to be separated from the highway dept. Not sure if NW C-MED will have access to the repeater similar to 155.760. It was mentioned in an earlier message that the deadline to have this up and running was in May, so they're only 5 months late !!!

better late then never!! as my wife puts it--lol and I have a 5 year old son now

Status
Not open for further replies.