Waterford TAC channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
I noticed waterford added 2 tac channels 800 mhzt they also have a trunked system what are these going to be used for ?

WNJH349
043 DPL
Wtrfrd FD 1

Waterford Fire Department Fire TAC 1

Fire-Tac

WNJH349

023 DPL

Wtrfrd FD 2

Waterford Fire Department Fire TAC 2

Fire-Tac

N1TGE

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
They are going to be used to communicate tactically.

They are going to be used to communicate tactically.

So you say they are going to use TAC1 and TAC2 to communicate TACtically... What a great idea!

Very Innnnnteresting. Let me make a note of that and update my files.

Thanks, guys.

Last edited:

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
that was funny it gave me a good laugh,,i personally know they would us them as tac hence the alpha tag on it,but they have a trunked system,i was curious why they wouls go off the trunked system to talk on a seperate freque
ncy

Firebuff66

Feed Provider
that was funny it gave me a good laugh,,i personally know they would us them as tac hence the alpha tag on it,but they have a trunked system,i was curious why they wouls go off the trunked system to talk on a seperate freque
ncy

Maybe to follow NFPA guidelines for fire ground operations like Stamford and Greenwich do.

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
waterford has a standoff in a mobile home park on ferri road I wonder if they are relaying their TACtical moves on the new TACtical channels im to far to listen on my scanner

N1TGE

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
conducting any fireground communications on a trunked or repeater system is suicide. Waterford is doing the right thing. NFPA1221

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
conducting any fireground communications on a trunked or repeater system is suicide. Waterford is doing the right thing. NFPA1221

Couldn't say it better, wish more departments would do what is proper!

w1haf

The two new tac channels are actually used for Fire-ground communications, They are transmitting analog not Digital audio so that they can have clear onsite communications even in high background noise such as at a fire scene. They put in three remote receiver sites so that Dispatch can monitor the channels and record them. This will also keep on scene communications off the main dispatch and trunk system but they can use the same radios.

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
The two new tac channels are actually used for Fire-ground communications, They are transmitting analog not Digital audio so that they can have clear onsite communications even in high background noise such as at a fire scene. They put in three remote receiver sites so that Dispatch can monitor the channels and record them. This will also keep on scene communications off the main dispatch and trunk system but they can use the same radios.

Thats good to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.