New Haven area Metro North

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trinity-Explorations

Duplicate account of Tom Sherman
Banned
I am looking for any operational frequencies for the New Haven Metro North and Amtrak Main lines. also looking for any frequencies for Gateway Terminal or USCG operations in New Haven, CT

Lynch_Christopher

Database Admin

Trinity-Explorations

Duplicate account of Tom Sherman
Banned
I know Amtrak Police are usually on 161.2950mhz in the New Haven Area, Are the Metro North police exclusively on the CT State Police TRS? or do they operate in Conventional VHF still?

Are these frequencies listed above for Line and Yard operations?

Are there any other Industrial rail operation in New Haven, CT like BNSF or CSX that are listed in the DB or anywhere else that are active in VHF?

Thanks for the great info.

MTACOP

Retired
Premium Subscriber
Amtrak PD uses 161.295 pretty much everywhere, and MTAPD (Metro North) still use 161.220 and are still waiting on equipment to move to the CSP TRS.

As Chris wrote the railroads are current and the only addition could be CSX and PW road channels listed in the links above. As far as NH Terminal the tracks into their facility are operated by the PW

MTACOP

Retired
Premium Subscriber
I hear summer... which could be anytime between now and October. I do know they went with APX7000 portables and are waiting for some site work along the Waterbury branch to complete the job.

I hear everyone is getting an APX7000 in VHF/700/800 except Staten Island who will be UHF/700/800

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.