Windsor PD/Windsor LTR

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
I received a DB submission from a user basically stating that Windsor PD patch to the Windsor LTR system may be not correct in the DB. In a nutshell, the same freq 460.7 (IIRC) is listed as a LTR channel and a patch channel.

I have not noticed any threads here stating that this is incorrect or is causing problems for scanner.

Can anyone local confirm if the channel in question is a valid LTR freq or patch freq (or both, none, etc).

If some local users and monitor what is going on there and report back in this thread so a DB change (if needed) can be done...please do.

I asked the user to create a topic here, but I think my statement back to him was cut off so I made this topic.

This is the text that was submitted if it helps you out:

Both the Windsor LTR trunked system and the Windsor - Police (patched to trunked radio system) are shown in the database as using 460.7000 MHz

One or the other is wrong. From the sequence of frequencies listed for the trunking system, I would assume the 460.700 frequency is in error since it's listed as a non-trunked conventional channel named Police (patched to trunked radio system).

I drive through the area occasionally and my HomePatrol locks up on the conventional channel since it's also listed as part of the LTR trunked system. I suggest removing 460.7000 from the LTR trunked system and leaving it as a simulcast channel. I don't know for sure that this is the case - I'm hoping someone local can verify this.

The best I can do is create a new favorites list with both the LTR and conventional channels in it and try modifying it on-the-fly but I'm not sure this will work nor be the best way to verify the error.

ST-Bob

Premium Subscriber
Windsor, CT LTR system causing lockup

The Windsor LTR trunking system (Connecticut, Hartford County, Windsor) shows 5 frequencies in the confirmed LCN. 460.7000 is the 5th frequency listed for the site and is also listed as a conventional channel labeled "Police (patched to trunked radio system)" for the town of Windsor in Hartford County.

On most scanners this probably wouldn't cause a problem but on the Uniden HomePatrol it locks up on the conventional simulcast channel as soon as there's a transmission.

It appears that one or the other of these entries is incorrect. Is there anyone local to the Hartford/Windsor area that can verify the status of these two uses of the 460.7000 frequency? I tried to submit a change to the area db admin but it was rejected (rightly so) because I didn't KNOW which one was in error.

See the problem here 460.700 Search Results

Thanks

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
It looks like someone attempted to list the "related" conventional frequency along with the trunked system. 460.700 is not listed on the license that the rest of the trunked system frequencies are licensed on, KNGB280, which is another clue that it doesn't belong there. 460.700 is not even licensed in the county, so it may just be a random frequency they picked to patch the trunked system to for conventional monitoring.

cg

Premium Subscriber
It is likely that someone who did not know the trunked system heard those agencies and thought they were patches. You would have to know what they actually have programmed to be sure about the backup assignments though.
- Fire is not actively patched to TRS. They likely could do it but it is not on.
- 453.6000 and 460.7000 are TRS channels. 453.6000 is one of the WQKG374 frequencies. 460.7000 was licensed under WPGB413 but was never renewed in 2005.
- 454.1000 was used in the TRS when Marcus was running it but I believe they no longer use it for Windsor. The 454 frequencies were auctioned and Marcus won the license for the area. There is either MotoTrbo or Nexedge running on several of those channels now.
- EMS does run a patch channel for talking to the commercial EMS services on 464.0875, 110.9. Marcus has a license on that in Windsor as a TRS channel.

chris

cg

Premium Subscriber
Thats the HOME channel for the Public Safety users on the system, probably not a good idea to take it out of the TRS lineup.

chris

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Chris, does that freq need to stay or go under the Windsor conventional database?

PJH

Premium Subscriber
So without further ado....I'll zap it from the conventional database shortly if it hasn't been already.

xplorer417

hi all Windsor system is right

lcn 1 451.7500

LCN 2 453.4750

LCN 3 453.537500

LCN 4 453.6000

LCN 5 460.7000 this is the trunked CH PD and everyone else run on I listen to them all the time I have no problems 454.100 this is the backup CH when the trunked system is down

cg

Premium Subscriber
What are you basing the 454.1000 being the current PD backup on? and what is the PL?
460.7000 is the HOME channel for public safety users only. LCN 1 is the HOME channel for other users.

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.