Waterbury new P25 system on line

Status
Not open for further replies.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Waterbury's new P25 system is online with most departments going over to it by the end of the day. PD may be delayed until a future date.

Band plan is: BASE 851.0625, STEP 6.25KHz

"00-0044","av",851.33750,"00-0044",806.33750,0,45
"00-0084","v",851.58750,"00-0084",806.58750,0,3
"00-0168","c",852.11250,"00-0168",807.11250,0,0
"00-0294","v",852.90000,"00-0294",807.90000,0,7
"00-0414","v",853.65000,"00-0414",808.65000,1,40

Talkgroups appear to be the same range as the MultiNet system:
PD will be 11-29
FD will be 61-70 (not sure what they are doing for station tones)
Others will be 31-59 (DPW, Water, Sewer, BOE, etc)
Citywide 100 & 101

chris

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
chris can we just monitor the fd or pd with this new system,i have to figure out how to put this in my scanner now

Last edited:

N1TGE

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Rick, just program the talkgroups you want to monitor and that is what you will hear. It's really that simple.

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
ok,i have the above 5 frequencies peogrammed and ID 61 for the fd and have it on search-i already heared them testing car 8 radio and engine 7 get dispatched to a call and returned,so it seems to be working good,

cg

Premium Subscriber
I don't use GRE scanners but I doubt you need them in any order. Your manual should tell you how to program a P25 trunked system.

chris

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
Chris on the 396xt on the set audio AGC it has analog and digital. What should they both be set at for this system,it seems like dispatch is alittle garbled and not real clear at times--thanks

cg

Premium Subscriber
You have to experiment. There are a number of P25 settings on that scanner that you can change until you find something that works for you.

chris

jercov

Premium Subscriber
OK. I am trying to program my 396XT and I am not sure if I am missing something. My thought is to create a new system and then different groups in the system: one for pd, one for fd, one for dpw, etc... Then I get into menus that say edit site, edit channels, and talk groups. Am I doing this the right way or is there an easier way to program it. I am not sure I have the frequencies in the right place as it doesn't seem to scan right.

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
OK. I am trying to program my 396XT and I am not sure if I am missing something. My thought is to create a new system and then different groups in the system: one for pd, one for fd, one for dpw, etc... Then I get into menus that say edit site, edit channels, and talk groups. Am I doing this the right way or is there an easier way to program it. I am not sure I have the frequencies in the right place as it doesn't seem to scan right.

I have a 396xt and programmed it last night and it works great,i created a new site which you choose P25 then choose standard trunk.i put in all 5 freqs and when you go to edit band plan i put next to number zero (it goes from 0-9 then A-F) just enter next to number 0-- i put in 851.0625 and then 6.25 KHZ,
right now the police are not on it but the FD id is 61,if you have any questions feel free to ask ill try to walk you through it,even if i have to have to have you call me

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
i been monitoring the system for an hour and there is action on the followng talkgroups

36--water dept (possible dispatch)
37-
40--either refuse or street dept
61--fd dispatch (confirmed) i heared them dispatched to calls,and return and going back in quarters

last ight i did hear them say go to fireground 1 when on scene unknow what id this is i had my scanner search and id not pick anything up,it could be anun-repeateered on scene channel which you wont hear unles close to the scene

jercov

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for offering your assistance because I may need it. I have been listening for years but never got into the digital side of things. I do recall seeing this edit band plan. So I will setup the edit band plan with the five frequencies mentioned at the top of the page. Do you have to enter the 6.25 KHZ after each frequency? After this, I would assume you just hit scan and that's it, or do you somehow have to setup the frequencies or group you want to scan. For some reason I am scanning a pre-programmed Alaska system that I am trying to lockout to no avail.

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for offering your assistance because I may need it. I have been listening for years but never got into the digital side of things. I do recall seeing this edit band plan. So I will setup the edit band plan with the five frequencies mentioned at the top of the page. Do you have to enter the 6.25 KHZ after each frequency? After this, I would assume you just hit scan and that's it, or do you somehow have to setup the frequencies or group you want to scan. For some reason I am scanning a pre-programmed Alaska system that I am trying to lockout to no avail.

dont put all them freqs in the band plan--the 5 freqs go under the SET FREQUENCIES option --the only freq that goes in the band plan is 851.0625 and then it ask you for the KHZ which is 6.25
on my scanner i just created a site for the fire dept and put in the ID which is 61 until i hear they use more IDS i have it searching but i change it now and then to scan ID so i dont hear all the services in the city.

as far as the alaska system i think i went into program systems and deleted that system

jercov

Premium Subscriber
OK. I was looking online at a site that gave a much more conscise step by step approach to programming it and he indicates exactly what you said. I will try it tonight and let you know how it works. Thank you again.

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
it sounded like they were testing on ID 11 and 12 today which would be the PD

and this afternoon ID 64

Last edited:

hotbob62

WOW, it's nice to have The City of Waterbury back !!!!!!!!
(Fire, Police, and Public Works)
ummmm from 9 freq(s) to 5 freq(s) ?
Is it me, does the FD dispatch seems to be over moduationed at times?
I guess its 9600 baud rate, can't track the system on bc250/785d.
Bob
Hotbob62@aol.com

Status
Not open for further replies.