Listening to RISCON in CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolrich55

Wonder if anyone is able to pick up the RISCON system in Rhode Island from eastern CT. I live in Jewett City which is only about 10 minutes from the border. I can't pick it up with my 800 mhz antenna with my handheld psr500. Thought maybe if I installed one up in the attic. But don't want to waste the money if it's not going to work.

Dan6071

Premium Subscriber
I live her in Groton ct and I here them just fine from here from my house and my car.

coolrich55

Really from Niantic? That's impressive. I think I'm gonna get an antenna and install it up in the attic and give it a try.

coolrich55

I found my gre super amplifier and hooked it up. If I hold the scanner up to the ceiling I am able to barely get a signal from the control channels of the north and south zone. I'm hopeful that a better antenna placed high in the attic will do the trick. Also picked up a weak signal from the msp system so it would be nice if I can pick that up too.

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
You know why you can't hear RISCON up in Jewett City? Because no one goes up to Jewett City, not even radio waves :0)

... can I get a rim shot? Thanks folks, I'm here all week. Remember to tip your waitress early and often.

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
Anyone up to going to Uncle Cranky's in JC??? Best dive bar!!

I know a few guys I work with in the eastern part of the state can pick RISCON up where they are, but they are on top of the hills.

Status
Not open for further replies.