CSP Talkgroup 49392

Status
Not open for further replies.

msingewald

Premium Subscriber
This talk group is not listed in the database, but it sounds like the prisoner transport vehicle. I have heard mostly New Haven mentioned. Does anyone know if the database has one of the Dept of Corrections talk groups wrong or if this one is just not listed?

Dan6071

Premium Subscriber
What I think you are hearing is the transit buses I here them here in Groton as well.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Hey Mike!

What I think you are hearing is the transit buses I here them here in Groton as well.

That makes sense, mainly because CT. Transit communications base seems to be out of New Haven. I hear people calling in to
"New Haven base" when arriving at certain places. Today I heard a unit calling New Haven base saying they were "10-3 Hartford". Then another unit said "10-2 Bridgeport". So it sounds like it's CT. Transit" It could be also that we are hearing only the New Haven division. There are a few divisions. Take a look: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Connecticut_Transit

Manny

Last edited:

Richard

Premium Subscriber
Back in 2012 the database had 49392 listed for Juvenile Prisoner Transports but is no longer listed.

msingewald

Premium Subscriber
I have been listening, and they don't give much detail. Vehicle number going to or arriving at Hartford, New Haven or Bridgeport. I have also heard them going to places that they id by initials only.

I am recording it now, so maybe I'll figure something out with enough recordings.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Back in 2012 the database had 49392 listed for Juvenile Prisoner Transports but is no longer listed.

Well, that puts a new spin on things! Here too, this makes sense because both Hartford and Bridgeport have big juvenile facilities. Now, the whole New Haven base thing is interesting too because Judicial Marshals Transportation, also on the CSP system, is based out of New Haven. It would not be a stretch to have juvenile transport based out of there too.

Manny

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Sorry Mike, I can't help you there! I just spoke with a friend who reminded me that the 49XXX talk group numbers are assigned to Judicial. So it's looking more like juvenile transport is the mystery talk group! I'm going to monitor it more closely just to make sure.

Manny

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
So the only thing left to be answered is the OP question in post #9. Why did it disappear from the RR database then? If it has not changed, it should have remained on the database to avoid confusion!

Manny

Status
Not open for further replies.