Trumbull Mall Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimTailor

I just realized that I haven't heard much, if anything, lately from security at the Trumbull Shopping Park. They're usually as active as anything else around here. Have they changed their frequency from 464.775? I live near the mall and have never had a problem. Nothing has changed in the set up of my HP-1

ecps92

Drop tone and see, maybe they changed tones.

The only license is for 7750 and still Analog too, no DMR
ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional License - WQMA999 - TRUMBULL SHOPPING CENTER #2 LLC - Frequencies Summary

I just realized that I haven't heard much, if anything, lately from security at the Trumbull Shopping Park. They're usually as active as anything else around here. Have they changed their frequency from 464.775? I live near the mall and have never had a problem. Nothing has changed in the set up of my HP-1

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound

JimTailor

Still no luck. I've got this set up in a couple of different favorite groups and changed the tone in all of them to 88.5. If I go to this frequency manually in the HP-1, I receive the transmits but not when scanning. I've checked the avoids and its not been avoided. I have no problem receiving on another scanner. Any other ideas?

ecps92

Easy to do with public safety, a very bad idea for Business band where Analog users now share with DMR and many other Legacy users in Analog

Eliminate the tones all together. You don't need them unless there are other users or interference on that frequency.

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Eliminate the tones all together. You don't need them unless there are other users or interference on that frequency.

Yes there are several other users that share that freq. If you are receiving it when you manually program it with the 88 hz. tone, then the problem must lie in the programming of the scan list or something. I am not familiar with that radio so I can't help you further.
But at least you have confirmed that you are able to hear them.

JimTailor

Still no luck. Working from the favorite lists I've used for some time now, I deleted the tone in one list and changed the tone in another. Nothing else was edited and still no receive from the HP-1. I am able to hear the mall on another scanner (Bearcat 210xl) connected to the same antenna. Any ideas? Anybody?

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Still no luck. Working from the favorite lists I've used for some time now, I deleted the tone in one list and changed the tone in another. Nothing else was edited and still no receive from the HP-1. I am able to hear the mall on another scanner (Bearcat 210xl) connected to the same antenna. Any ideas? Anybody?

Hmmm.. Are you sure you are hearing Trumbull Mall using your Bearcat 210, or could it be someone else? I have been monitoring the frequency for 2 hours with open CTCSS. Not a peep from them. Hearing Westfield Milford and 2 other unknown users. One with 100Hz. tone I think from Suffolk, and the other is Mototurbo, but way too strong to be Trumbull mall. Unless they went Turbo and greatly increased their power. The other possibility is they are no longer on this frequency.
Bob

JimTailor

I'm less than a mile from the Trumbull mall and have never heard anything but the mall on this frequency so I doubt I was hearing anyone else although I wasn't paying 100% attention to the transmissions. I'll pay closer attention tomorrow night to be sure what I'm hearing on the Bearcat is the mall. Probably do some other experimenting too but it's so strange that nothing else was changed in my favorites setup. I've never managed to find this listing in the RR database so I'm relying on one of the above posts for the correct, new tone.

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
I confirmed yesterday that they are still on the frequency and using the same PL.
I monitored from Stratford.
Much, much weaker than they used to be from the same location I have heard them at in the past. Only an S1-S2. Used to be S6-S8 from that point.
So either they lowered their power or antenna, or they are having technical difficulties with their transmitter or antenna.
But if you are only a mile away, I don't see how that should matter if I am able to hear them in Stratford near the airport.
But anyway, they are still on that freq with the 88.5 PL
Hope this helps
Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.