Old Lyme Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

thom

Premium Subscriber
I haven't heard activity on the O L Police freq. 453.95, 023 DPL, for a few weeks. Have they found a new home or is it that the summer crowd is gone?

Kitn1mcc

Premium Subscriber
It's just the Backup/Town channel they are usually on the CSP troop TG. and soon the system will be DMR/Mototrbo

thom

Premium Subscriber
So every OL department is going to DMR ??? They just spent a year getting this present system working correctly. What is their reasoning for DMR ? It seems to be working fine.

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
FD will go DMR? How will they be dispatched? Last like looked, the Minitor can't pick up DMR, and that means they end up with a communications issue with everyone else.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
FD will go DMR? How will they be dispatched? Last like looked, the Minitor can't pick up DMR, and that means they end up with a communications issue with everyone else.
You do know DMR radios also operate in analogue too... and there are dmr repeaters that will do mixed mode as well...

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
You do know DMR radios also operate in analogue too... and there are dmr repeaters that will do mixed mode as well...

I am aware it operates analog, but I know of no public safety department that went Motobro and used mixed-mode. If there are, I haven't encountered them yet.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Simple... Page in analogue operate in DMR, accomplished by either paging with the DMR repeater in analogue, or using a dedicated paging transmitter. Asides from the one motorola portable, ALL their radios do analogue. The still have the ability to talk to others... That's what all the interop frequencies are for...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Kitn1mcc

Premium Subscriber
the system was built using the motorola mtr-3000 repeaters and xpr as mobiles so very easy to go DMR

still disp on low band 33.96 and i think the FD is still gonna be analog

the EMS,Town Crew,PD will use the DMR as well as the schools.

thom

Premium Subscriber
Just to be clear, am I correct in saying that there are no scanners that can receive DMR at the present?

jdanon

the system was built using the motorola mtr-3000 repeaters and xpr as mobiles so very easy to go DMR

still disp on low band 33.96 and i think the FD is still gonna be analog

the EMS,Town Crew,PD will use the DMR as well as the schools.

EMS also uses 33.96. It's all Valley Shore there, so they don't really have a choice if they want to talk to their dispatch center. Their UHF repeaters are cross band to 33.96, but they do also have UHF fireground frequencies, so those potentially could be unmonitorable depending on how they are programmed. Public safety in the town has been incrementally upgrading over the past decade or so, and not just radio equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.