Torrington PD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowgod

What has happened to Torrington PD? All last night and this morning nothing but silence on 155.655 ... Did they go back to encryption or what? When they switched temporarily to encryption awhile back you could at least hear strange tones, etc, now there is just silence. Different frequency? Anyone know?

cg

Premium Subscriber
They were in the clear when I posted. It is P25 digital, the $033 is the Network Access Code. That is P25 version of CTCSS or DCS.

chris

Mork

Premium Subscriber
I have to say while the signal strength is better, the audio sounds awful.

Mork

Premium Subscriber
PJH Thank you for updating the database for Torrington. Much appreciated.

Firebuff66

Feed Provider
Its a shame they just keep piecing together a system and hoping it works.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Looking at the license, WQTH284, it would appear that there are several sites. There was some places with coverage problems but when I was listening to the testing, it seemed they were generally happy.

Torrington is a tough place to get good coverage with only one or two sites. Main part of the city is in the valley but there are still a fair bit of city on the part that is above.

Not a fan of the business license for public safety method of getting a frequency. Also the municipality not holding the license could cause issues if there is not a solid contract covering the use of it.

chris

lcarter

Premium Subscriber
Torrington Pd

Is anyone having issues hearing Torrington PD? Have a new PRO 652 and it doesn't seem to want to work so well with their new system. Everything else is working good, just can't seem to get TPD to work.

Thanks,
Lee

WeatherCT

Premium Subscriber
Is anyone having issues hearing Torrington PD? Have a new PRO 652 and it doesn't seem to want to work so well with their new system. Everything else is working good, just can't seem to get TPD to work.

Thanks,
Lee

I also just got the same scanner and I don't have a problem with them. Make sure you program them to P25 Mode and enter the NAC code of 033.

xplorer417

I know the company that did it and they are a great COMMS company they fixed what ever they could and also got them off of Holyoke fds ops 2 ch 155.6550

ranchboy

Premium Subscriber
That explains it, I live all the way up in Richmond ma, and Torrington pd, is coming in loud and clear! At least for now, I hope they don't flip the switch!

ansky

Didn't Torrington PD used to use the 800 band? I used to live in Farmington years ago and was never able to pick up Torrington.

Status
Not open for further replies.