csp trucking

Status
Not open for further replies.

55engine

Premium Subscriber
does anybody know how to program a Motorola XTS 2500 for the state Police receive only I do have a Motorola dealer but he is in California he is actually the one that needs information

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
Is that the same CPS as the Astro Saber or is that the XTS3000? I can pull it out and look.

I ended up physically disabling my 800 Astro Saber from TX at the PTT and speaker mic, as ticking off the RX Only in the Moto CPS software was problematic when set up for trunked systems. No problem in conventional. But look at the tabs in CPS when you load up the TGs there should be a box for RX Mode

APX7500X2

does anybody know how to program a Motorola XTS 2500 for the state Police receive only I do have a Motorola dealer but he is in California he is actually the one that needs information

I hope your not programming in the CSP system as a trunking system with RX only. Not only would this be illegal ( like sefrischling said he has it) but the radio would affiliate with the system potentially causing problems depending on the ID you use

Its sad you found a "Motorola Dealer" to do this, I can't think of any around here that would be that stupid to do this for someone.

The proper way to do it is in the link below.

No Affiliate Trunked Scan Instructions

sefrischling

APX7500

I have my Astro Saber set up to not affiliate, and RX only, with the CSP system and have no issues. Works just fine. I also checked on the legality of setting up the Astro Saber in the manner I did and it violates no laws.

If you're going to throw out that it is illegal, please show me the letter of the law, if not , I'm going with the counsel of a DHS attorney I have worked with on projects, who deals with interoperability implementation issues.

APX7500X2

APX7500

I have my Astro Saber set up to not affiliate, and RX only, with the CSP system and have no issues. Works just fine. I also checked on the legality of setting up the Astro Saber in the manner I did and it violates no laws.

If you're going to throw out that it is illegal, please show me the letter of the law, if not , I'm going with the counsel of a DHS attorney I have worked with on projects, who deals with interoperability implementation issues.

The way you explained it above you would have had to use a System key. Using a system key would be illegal unless you were licensed for it. (Yes even if you can make your own)

We all got a kick out of you using DHS and interoperability in the same sentence

sefrischling

APX

I get a kick out of DHS, as I have been covering aviation and transportation as a journalist since 2001, and the agency from its inception. That said, the lawyers tend to know what they are talking about, while the agency has no idea what it is doing.

PhillyPhoto

Both ways mentioned still require a system key. Post #2:

A. Individual Talkgroup Selection Plus Scanning.

1. Create the trunking system.

Type 2 systems do not need to use the hidden channel method on ASTRO25 radios, just need to have TX-inhibit enabled to not affiliate.

The only non-system key method to monitor a system is for one that has 16 or less voice channels and program all the voice channels in and do select unmute while scanning.

Status
Not open for further replies.