East Lyme Fire on Waterford Trunked

Status
Not open for further replies.

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
Anyone else catch ELFD being simulcast for around seven hours today on the Waterford trunked system? Normally if it pops up on Wtfd it is on and off quickly, or a one off transmission. Today was the first time I have ever heard it on that system for the entire length of an incident. First heard ELFD on Wtfd around 7:30am, land transmission simulcast over was around 2:45p

Dan6071

Premium Subscriber
east lyme fire

Anyone else catch ELFD being simulcast for around seven hours today on the Waterford trunked system? Normally if it pops up on Wtfd it is on and off quickly, or a one off transmission. Today was the first time I have ever heard it on that system for the entire length of an incident. First heard ELFD on Wtfd around 7:30am, land transmission simulcast over was around 2:45p

yes I did hear the same transmissions.

w1haf

Waterford Engine 41 and ambulance 400 were in East Lyme on Mutual Aid until 1445 hrs. That's why the link was active so they would be able to communicate to EL units and Dispatch. [emoji41]

sefrischling

I saw 41 and 400 at Flanders' house, and one engine was at the scene, I don't recall which one.

When a Waterford bus comes into EL they are often not simulcast, they remain on the Wtfd system, which I have always found a tad odd.

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
Flanders Fire District (north end of east Lyme) had a working structure fire right after the heavy thunderstorms rolled through. I passed a few units from Waterford, Old Lyme and Old Saybrook enroute when I was on my way home from work.

w1haf

You would still hear a Waterford unit on the trunk system but it is being cross patched to the EL VHF frequencies. Usually the trunk system locks on before the analog VHF does. It's a crapshoot on the scanner on which frequency you hear first.

sefrischling

W1haf

No, what I meant is I don't hear them patched at all when the bus comes into EL. I ttpically listen to Wtfd FD on an Astro Saber, not a scanner

w1haf

OK , All they have to do is just change the channel on the 800 trunk radio to the EL Fire channel which is patched to the EL VHF system. I think they may have kept a VHF radio in the Ambulance and might still be using that instead. Probably depends on the operator. [emoji41]

sefrischling

It'll be interesting to see what happens with the dispatch consolidation ... or lack of consolidation ... with the radio system. Putting East Lyme on the Waterford system makes sense, but that is a whole other can of worms.

w1haf

I agree. I don't think that EL is interested in consolidating. They also won't be coming on the Waterford System as long as the people in power now are still there. BTW Waterford had one of their 7 channels in the system go over the weekend causing garbled transmissions. I heard the tech testing it today and I think he took Ch 4 out of the system.. Seems to be OK now.[emoji298][emoji89][emoji631]

sefrischling

All weekend I heard NLPD and WPD go digital while talking. It was terrible Friday night. I was headed to the station to take a look at a possible stabbing (not really as reported) and heard NLFD just fine , but PD, I couldn't make out anything from any unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.