Hartford Edacs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ff2sherman

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone been noticing that there are a bunch of 7XXX numbers showing up in the Hartford system? It looks like they are switching back and forth between systems but not sure if this is even possible, I will try to record Radio ID numbers and see what is going on with the system,

cg

Premium Subscriber
There are a huge number of 7xxx radio IDs on the system. If you have a scanner that allows ID display and you have private calls enabled, you will see lots of these.

chris

Freddie_B

There are a huge number of 7xxx radio IDs on the system. If you have a scanner that allows ID display and you have private calls enabled, you will see lots of these.

chris

How do you enable private call, and is it available on the BCD 436 HP?

cg

Premium Subscriber
I don't have that scanner but with many others, you can use ".0" as a talkgroup. This would show up as i0 on the display and would allow all private calls or as Hartford uses, an "ICALL". (not to be confused with the old interoperability channel name)
But if you want to be sure for your scanner, the manual is online.

chris

ff2sherman

Premium Subscriber
It is just really bizarre to me as it is a EDACS System but it looks like they are switching. I sometimes see an Interop as it shows the correct format for the EDACS System. the Audio is analog I was just wondering about the numbering as it looks like a radio ID but not with a talk group associated to it. It seems like a Surveillance is going on when I see it but there are multiple officers talking on on the same frequency but not associated with any traditional talk group

cg

Premium Subscriber
What are you using? Scanner, EDACS radio, Unitrunker? What do you mean by "switching"? to another format? to different frequencies?
EMS, Hotline, RAFS, Intercity Fire are all patched so you can hear multiple users with a single TGID & RID.
Other than that, I can't understand what you are seeing that is new and so strange. I monitor the system and use Unitrunker.

chris

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like icall is turned on, on the scanner. Systems sounds like its working normally..

ff2sherman

Premium Subscriber
The System and scanner are working correctly, I see every ID that is in the RR Database there has been an increasing number of 7XXX Numbers showing up I looks like they are switching between two systems or formats. the control channels and audio is still all Analog it just seems different than other systems. I looks like an EDACS and Motorola system at the same time. I have 2 scanners running and while one is on the 7XXX number the other can be on the normal Group ID.
I still see the unit ID for the radio on both formats, I was just unsure if they are switching to a different system thats all

cg

Premium Subscriber
How about a photo or screen shot? Maybe that way we can understand what you are seeing. The ONLY 7xxx numbers on the Hartford EDACS system are radio IDs.
If you have one radio set to display IDs and the other to not display IDs, you may see what you describe. A radio ID will be preceded by a lower case " i " with the Uniden scanners, such as i1813 (Patrol District 13) or i7704 (issued officer portable).

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.