Bristol Type II Smartzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freddie_B

I am in Watertown, CT, I have programmed the Bristol system into my BCD436HP. I am hearing activity on the EMS Operations talkgroup (4304), signal is loud and almost full strength. Question I have is, I don't hear activity on any of the other talkgroups, such as fire or anything else. I know the PD is encrypted. But I figured I would hear some Fire ops or something. Just wondering if anyone in my area monitors Bristol and could tell me if they hear any of the other talkgroups.

Frederick Briere
(KC1CGN)

cg

Premium Subscriber
I was listening to the FD today, it is working fine.

They also just did the RFP for the new P25 trunk system. I would expect to see it in 12-18 months.

chris

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
Hi chris,
Bristol getting a new system,thats the first i heared of it but not suprised,what kind of system and will we be able to monitor it
Thanks

cg

Premium Subscriber
Looks like a P25 Phase II system.
Since the PD has been 100% secure for a long time, I would not expect that to change.

chris

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
Bristol uses dispatch ,incident 2 and incident 3 ,they had a fire thursday and all comms were on incident 2 and nothing said on dispatch other than the first dispatch of the call,check all your settings and ids,if your picking up ems then you should be able to get fd dispatch incident 2 & 3 channels.

cg

Premium Subscriber
check your lockouts, you likely locked out a Group or the talkgroups.

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.