Waterford fire tacs - clairfication needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
I remember there was all sorts of discussion on these, and the consensus was that they are no longer used and have been marked as such in the database.

I have a submission that they are in fact in use. Lets weigh in on this and but it to rest...

w1haf

As far as I know they are still in use. I just programmed a new scanner in one of the firehouses in town and then tested the fireground channels using a fire department Harris portable radio to confirm that they are analog and use a DCS code. That is how they are programmed in the portable radios.

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
Normally Wtfd uses Ops channels, but the Tac channels are still in existence. Tac is used infrequently and I actually had removed the Tac channels from my Moto portables, but will be adding them back in. They have recently been used out of the blue at the last structure fire about two weeks ago and at an MVA the other day. I had removed these channels after not hearing them in use for roughly a year.

If you want to know why Tac channels are now being used again, it is because ... wait for it ... I removed them about two months ago fro my radios.

Status
Not open for further replies.