RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Connecticut Radio Discussion Forum

Connecticut Radio Discussion Forum - Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Connecticut.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-10-2017, 7:57 PM

Smile MED 10

Noticed a bit more activity on Med 10 lately with AMR units calling dispatch asking which hospital, York St. or Chapel St. patients should be transported to. Don't know how the dispatcher would know. Are the ER's in touch with MEDCOM with ER information on how busy they are? I always thought patients had a choice which hospital they want to be transported to.
Sponsored links
Old 10-10-2017, 9:19 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

It is a trial program they are doing. There is a Yale nurse in medcom which can see how busy either hospital is in the ED. They recommend which hospital to go to depending on wait times. But ultimately the patient has the right to make the final decision on which one they go too.
Old 10-12-2017, 6:43 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Anyone hear all the noise and sounds like a dead carrier on Med10 as of late
Old 10-12-2017, 8:11 PM

Smile MED 10

No noise on MEDCOMS Med 10 in New Haven. Especially since they have been using it a bit more of late but noise and dead air I have not heard.
Old 10-13-2017, 7:21 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I have not heard any issues on Med 10 for medcom and I listen to them everyday. I will say that the medcom dispatch channel has some issues. Two come to mind immediately. First off there is an open carrier on the channel a lot. And secondly I'm pretty sure it's probably Long Island but they have what sounds like either a fire department or a police department that dispatches a Fire Department blowing the local signal out of the water. The open carrier is definitely coming from dispatch here. And sometimes and I know this is normal the overlapping signal comes through if medcom pretty much just let go of the mic which is probably because the repeater is open still at that time.

To keep on track from the original post. I have heard this going on for roughly about a month and a half maybe even a little longer . I didn't realize that they were calling in to the hospital. I thought they were calling into medcom to find out if they were able to take a patient to Yale or if they had to divert to the Saint Raphael's campus.