RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Connecticut Radio Discussion Forum

Connecticut Radio Discussion Forum - Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Connecticut.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-14-2018, 4:30 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Ct. State Firemenís convention

This weekend in Avon, Ct. I noticed a State Police presence today at the carnival grounds with the Town Fire Matshal. Iím guessing they were conducting thecusual safety inspection. But it got me wondering about what state agencies might be involved with the convention and particularly the parade on Sunday. I plan to do a. It of monitoring in the vicenity of the revewing stand. Iíve got everything for Avon and surrounding towns but nothing for state agencies. Wondering if anyone can suggest agencies and/or provide advice on what to monitor...
Old 09-14-2018, 5:47 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Recommended all the regular interop channels you can find. State send regional.

Start listening early Sunday AM

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 09-15-2018, 7:39 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

If I recall correctly, in the past few years, units heading to the Convention parade were asked to sign on using the ICALL/ITAC system upon departure from their quarters. They then announced arrival and got a location to line up from County Coordinators. I believe the link was up patching the V/U/8 systems together. The coordinators use the State Fire talkgroup on the CSP and the SW 700 systems.

chris
Old 09-15-2018, 4:51 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Thanks Chris
Old 09-16-2018, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cg View Post
If I recall correctly, in the past few years, units heading to the Convention parade were asked to sign on using the ICALL/ITAC system upon departure from their quarters. They then announced arrival and got a location to line up from County Coordinators. I believe the link was up patching the V/U/8 systems together. The coordinators use the State Fire talkgroup on the CSP and the SW 700 systems.

chris
"ITAC/ICALL" is an old system - Dont get them confused - It DOES create problems
Now known as "8TAC/8CALL" - actually different frequencies.

Toady 8CALL90, 8TAC92, and Fire Coordinators Talk Group on the State Public Safety 700/800 System.

Plus all the AVON Channels - STOC's channels, and Avon/Hartford Intercity...
Sponsored links
Old 09-16-2018, 12:41 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

The intent of my post was to use the old term to reference ALL the CALL/TAC system. There is the ability to patch the 800, UHF and/or the VHF systems together. Since I didn't know if they were going to do that, I didn't want to confuse people if they were getting traffic on any of the VCALL10, VTAC11-14, UCALL40, UTAC41-43, 7CALL50, 7CALL51-56, 8CALL90 or 8CALL91-94 channels.
Fortunately with this being an exercise, there was ample time for folks to dig out the 800 radios, charge the battery, and get it to the people going to the parade. It would have been interesting to try it with all the bands during such a drill.

chris
Old 09-16-2018, 4:08 PM

I just wanted to make it clear - There are still radios out there with "ICALL and ITAC" in their programming - people who never got them updated. These are the considered the "OLD" 800 Channels.

Sounded like they had their stuff together today.
Old Yesterday, 6:39 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by cg View Post

chris
Yes, the CSFA has conducted a "interop" drill / check in for all units who want to participate. It's a good way to get all the agencies that have the V/U/8 frequencies in thier radios to utilize and get familiar with them for large scale incidents.

The check in if I remember right began back to the old I-Call / I-Tac days just prior to adding in the UHF & VHF-hi frequencies.

.....and i guess I'm still on the CSFA Convention Committee......