RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Site Administration Forums > Database Discussion Forum

Database Discussion Forum This forum is for questions about the database such as how to use it, layout or usability issues or suggestions for improvement. It is not for pointing out wrong information or getting help with programming.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-08-2012, 9:12 PM

Unhappy New Digital Frequencies not in database yet

How can I get my cities/counties new frequencies into the database? Do I need to obtain the frequencies from the city/county and submit them to RR.com? My city/county just switched from analog to digital signals last week. So I ordered the HomePatrol1 in hopes to pick up the digital signals. Nothing. I contacted Uniden and was informed until the new frequencies were posted on RR.com, I would be out of luck and the $450 spent. I just want to listen to my scanner again.
Sponsored links
Old 12-09-2012, 1:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkc7469 View Post
How can I get my cities/counties new frequencies into the database? Do I need to obtain the frequencies from the city/county and submit them to RR.com? My city/county just switched from analog to digital signals last week. So I ordered the HomePatrol1 in hopes to pick up the digital signals. Nothing. I contacted Uniden and was informed until the new frequencies were posted on RR.com, I would be out of luck and the $450 spent. I just want to listen to my scanner again.
If you can obtain the new frequencies, click the "Submit Info" button at the top of the page, then fill out the form. It might take a day or so for the information to be updated, as it depends on how quickly the DB admins can process the information. Any information you can provide will be helpful to the administrators.

-Shawn
Old 12-09-2012, 1:42 AM
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Sorry I posted an answer thinking the OP was in Omaha, but now I see that it is Texas. I've deleted my answer. I am not familiar with that area so I can't say for sure. Hopefully someone else can assist. You may want to ask your question in the Texas forum.

Last edited by RBMTS; 12-09-2012 at 1:46 AM..
Old 12-09-2012, 12:55 PM
Database Admin

To the OP:

It would appear that you local area hasn't gotten new frequencies; however, according the license the PD dispatch channel is licensed for digital using the same frequency. Until someone can confirm the change, we have to leave the entry in the database the way it is.

Use the HomePatrol Sentinel software to make a favorites list for your local area. Edit the favorites list to include the entry for the local frequencies the way we have them in the DB. Then copy the local PD entry to a new entry and change the modulation to NFM and Audio Type to "Digital" then let the P25 NAC stay on "NAC Search", If they are using the same freq you will get the transmission, and find the NAC for it. Report the results on the submission tab of the county page and we can get the DB updated.
Old 12-09-2012, 6:51 PM

Default Changing and new entry

I'm not sure exactly how to copy the local PD entry to a new entry and change the modulation to NFM and Audio Type to "Digital" then let the P25 NAC stay on "NAC Search". It seams all I'm able to do is create a new profile or copy something to favorites. Not sure how to modify any of the entries. Is there something I'm not understanding?
Sponsored links
Old 12-10-2012, 12:29 PM
Database Admin

Once you have a favorites list built and saved, the fifth icon from the left on the first line of icons in the software should say "Edit Favorites List" if you hover over it. That is your starting point.
Old 12-10-2012, 2:26 PM

Default Thanks

That worked! My counties' info was updated a few days ago in the RR database. Now that I know the NAC# for my cities info, do I just submit it?
Old 12-10-2012, 6:48 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Post Sulphur Springs/Hopkins County

Quote:
Originally Posted by loumaag View Post
To the OP:

It would appear that you local area hasn't gotten new frequencies; however, according the license the PD dispatch channel is licensed for digital using the same frequency. Until someone can confirm the change, we have to leave the entry in the database the way it is.
Correct Sulphur Springs, TX PD is using the same frequencies but moved to P25 voice. I submitted the update yesterday to the DB, so changes for the OP should be coming soon. The Hopkins County new P25 channel info has already been added to the DB.
Old 12-10-2012, 7:47 PM
Database Admin

Just took care of the update. Thanks for the submission.
Sponsored links