Printing Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I tried to print the pages for both Troopnet and Chattanooga/Hamilton County public safety in both IE9 and Google Chrome. Only the first page printed. All the other pages only had the heading.

Last edited:

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Workaround imo better option as you can edit out what you dont want.
Push CTRL-A (Select all), then COPY CTRL -C, or right click one highlighted item select COPY, then PASTE (CTRL-V) it into your word processor and work with it from there.
Additionally IE10 is available even for windows 7.

SCPD

QRT
Workaround imo better option as you can edit out what you dont want.
Push CTRL-A (Select all), then COPY CTRL -C, or right click one highlighted item select COPY, then PASTE (CTRL-V) it into your word processor and work with it from there.
Additionally IE10 is available even for windows 7.

I want every page. I'm running Vista.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
the copy-paste option I provided still works, the select all does highlight everything.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Are you printing the web pages or the PDF report? (If the former, click on the "Downloads and Reports" tab at the top of the pages you want to print, then select the appropriate PDF file.)

SCPD

QRT
Butt out, Ronaldski. You've been no help.

You've assumed
1: That I don't know how to copy and paste.
2: That I'm running Windows 7.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Are you printing the web pages or the PDF report? (If the former, click on the "Downloads and Reports" tab at the top of the pages you want to print, then select the appropriate PDF file.)

I tried to print the web pages. I printed some of them a few years ago. Has something changed? I don't like the PDFs. They don't have all the info.

Last edited:

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Well dude I'm sorry, but from your question you didn't state you knew about copy-paste already and what O.S. you use so one tends to over explain to be sure, maybe it helped others who read this thread?

Since you don't like the pdf's, in the mean time my suggestion is still valid, short of a server guru here making a change... if necessary.

For your convenience I attached a .zip file with the files in word .doc format doing the copy-paste with Hamilton county and troopnet and I even test printed Hamilton county, printed all three pages.

What printer make-model do you have?
Which IE do you use 7,8 or 9?

Went looking for you on the printing of one page problem,

This says it worked -
Printing only first page of web page in IE8. - Microsoft Community
Only prints 1 page of a document.

and a suggestion for someone who has a lexmark printer - Printer only prints one page of multiple page document - Fixya

same suggestion I gave, trying to print webpages - only 1 page will print - HTFC Forums

Related, might help? Unable to print or view the print preview of a webpage in Internet Explorer

Here is the search I used for you,
vista webpage prints only one page - Bing

Last edited:
D

DaveNF2G

Because we aren't mind readers. Quit being so snippy with people who are trying to help you.

ecps92

ReBoot your computer AND printer
When printing in Chrome, WAIT for everything to load in PREVIEW before being too fast with the OK button to PRINT

I tried to print the pages for both Troopnet and Chattanooga/Hamilton County public safety in both IE9 and Google Chrome. Only the first page printed. All the other pages only had the heading.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Because we aren't mind readers. Quit being so snippy with people who are trying to help you.

+1

Lets see we gave all these solutions that will work:
1) the copy-paste method
2) printable pdf
3) An attachment that has the layouts for the areas you wanted already to go as they appear in the database.
4) many solutions in the links-search to your problem that elsewhere people have had of the same problem
5) the time we put in to help you

Some people don't appreciate help, looks like you'll probably be on your own, since you refused all help.

Sorry we bothered to help you, if in the future when you ask a question be prepared to go into more detail - i.e. for this thread; what O.S., printer, browser version you have. Prepare yourself the replies you may get may not be exactly what your looking for and take into consideration the time-effort to help.

SCPD

QRT
+1

Lets see we gave all these solutions that will work:
1) the copy-paste method
2) printable pdf
3) An attachment that has the layouts for the areas you wanted already to go as they appear in the database.
4) many solutions in the links-search to your problem that elsewhere people have had of the same problem
5) the time we put in to help you

Some people don't appreciate help, looks like you'll probably be on your own, since you refused all help.

Sorry we bothered to help you, if in the future when you ask a question be prepared to go into more detail - i.e. for this thread; what O.S., printer, browser version you have. Prepare yourself the replies you may get may not be exactly what your looking for and take into consideration the time-effort to help.

No database administrator has tried to help yet, and I would appreciate it if you wouldn't assume it's my problem.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
No database administrator has tried to help yet, and I would appreciate it if you wouldn't assume it's my problem.

Ron is a database administrator, so that's not true.

And now you get a response from a global database administrator: I just printed out TROOPNET and got all 15 pages with no problem at all.

The issue is on your end, not with RR. Good luck figuring it out on your own, since you've been so rude to everyone in this thread trying to help you. :roll:

Darth_vader

"in both IE9 and Google Chrome.
"I'm running Vista."

Well, that's about 4/5 of the problem right there.

I just printed the whole TROOPNET thing in Firefox on Debian 5.0.8 with no trouble, either. Came out to 10 1/3 pages, but I am also using a rather small type size to save toner and paper.

SCPD

QRT
Troopnet finally printed without any problems, and I didn't do anything different. I didn't make any changes.

QDP2012

Troopnet finally printed without any problems, and I didn't do anything different. I didn't make any changes.

I think today is what MS calls Super-Tuesday, when their monthly patches come out. Do you know if the Windows-updates ran automatically during the night last night? If they did, it might have helped resolve the issue.

Regardless, congrats that things are back to normal.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.