Help with TX database submission/rejected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eng3ineer

Hello,

Not trying to stir the pot. But I can't get a reply back on my submission # 144526 along with that my PM have gone unanswered.

I sent a submission back in January on Texarkana Bi State system Ticket # 144526.

What I found and submitted was that The Texarkana Texas Fire Dept. has change up the departments station alerting system and in doing is now using another ID/ channel 43223 strictly for station alerting & dispatch only.

The former alert ID/channel # 43216 is still used as well, but now for checking en route, and daily operations and such. I submitted this new ID of 43223 and after few days i'm guessing that my submission was rejected as the reply back I received was the following below and the database was never updated for Texarkana, Tx Bi-State.

43223 is the same talkgroup as 43216. 43216 + 7 status bit = 43223 indicates a dispatcher initiated multi-select.

I'll be the first to tell you that don't understand all the in and out and the hows of a trucking system. After that reply i've have sent/ reply back with notes and a PM all which have gone unanswered.

Thanks for any help.

Jason

Eng3ineer

Thanks for the link it makes a lot more since now.

I'm using the older Radio Shack Pro 90 for my two fire feeds so, I have no way top turn on or off the Motorola status bit. I have a spare Pro 90 and tried to reprogram the fleet map and so far no luck with it. I still get the 43223 for the station alert and 43216 for en route and such.

I have BCT8 that's used for my PD feed gonna give it try when get a chance and see what happens.

On another note wouldn't still be helpfully if the other Talkgroup ID's were added to database list?

Thanks,

Jason

ecps92

Only the older Scanners don't handle the Status Bit.

All the newer scanners understand the info and display the correct info.

If you listed each varience of the Status bit, that would be 16 listings per Talk-Group. Way too many to be listing.

Thanks for the link it makes a lot more since now.

On another note wouldn't still be helpfully if the other Talkgroup ID's were added to database list?

Thanks,

Jason

Eng3ineer

Only the older Scanners don't handle the Status Bit.

All the newer scanners understand the info and display the correct info.

If you listed each varience of the Status bit, that would be 16 listings per Talk-Group. Way too many to be listing.

Thanks,

I didn't figure the older scanners would work after trying to reprogram the fleet map with no luck... Guess I need to look into updating. $$$$

Yeah that would be a lot info for each talkgroup, but could be very helpful for those with older scanners. :- )

ecps92

That is where reading the manual, and having the wiki (see prev link) come in handy.

No need to add extra TG's that May or May-Not get used

Thanks,

Yeah that would be a lot info for each talkgroup, but could be very helpful for those with older scanners. :- )

Eng3ineer

Good news set up the BCT8 and it's working great. No longer having the 43223 ID show up it all working under ID 43216.

That is where reading the manual, and having the wiki (see prev link) come in handy.

No need to add extra TG's that May or May-Not get used

Yeah, It was a big help. Out of all the searches that i've done some how I missed that wiki on status bits.

But it sure didn't help by not getting a reply back to my PM or my notes. That's why came here to ask and was helped out right away and my question answered.

Thanks again to those that helped and replied back.

Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.