Problems With P25 Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigslide44

I don't want to take a lot of your time, but there are a couple of things you need to know before I get started.
First, I own a Radio Shack Pro 197 scanner. Second, I have very low vision, so programming the radio is difficult...even with the ARC 500 software I have. The software is another issue that I'll take up at a different time.

I recently downloaded frequencies for Davidson County Metropolitan Government which pretty well cover all the things I'm interested in monitoring. The frequencies and the tags came through just fine, but what I get is silence. I put my magnifier to the display screen I I notice that where it says GA on the top line of the display, the T is missing that I used to see there. Have I done something wrong about downloading oruploading? Has something changed about my radio that I'm not aware of? Can anybody help me?

Thank you in advance.

Dan Hollis
olddan44@comcast.net

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
According to the Tennessee Radio Discussion Forum, it appears that the radio system you were monitoring has changed the control channel in the past few days to something that isn't listed in the database. If you know how to, you should use ARC500 to manually change the control channel so that it contains the following frequencies (likely you will only have to replace 851.9625 with 857.0375).

C:857.0375
A:856.4875
A:856.7125
A:857.4875

Note that the database has not yet been updated to reflect the change so downloading from the database will be of little help for this issue. Alternatively, you can change the control channel by hand using the following steps:
PGM
EDIT
Scroll Right to TSYS
Scroll Up/Down until you get the Metropolitan Government TSYS
EDIT
Scroll down to Frequencies
SEL
SEL the channel with 851.9625 (or choose a blank 0.000 channel)
Enter 857.0375
Done
Save
Save
SCAN

ronhl

Welcome to RR,
T means you are receiving the control channel which is what you want to see.
GA means the Global Attenuation On- all objects/systems/searches...ect
Try pushing Func followed by the Att key to shut off global attenuation,the G should go off and if the A is still there push the ATT key to shut that off, Now the T should reappear.
Make sure to shut them off in the ARC500 software as well

Status
Not open for further replies.