Downloading Data into 996XT. How to get Ham Radio Repeaters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

emmett518

Premium Subscriber
Is there a better way to download ham radio repeaters (10 FM, 6, 2, 220, 440 and 900) than to grab them from county listings? I'd like all of the repeaters in my area, but that area covers a pile of counties. Is there an easier way to grab repeaters other than setting country, state, and then wading through county data?

Using Freescan. Latest version.

Thanks

Last edited:

ko6jw_2

Premium Subscriber
Here in California the RR database has only a tiny fraction of the repeaters in use. Many hams that I know, surprisingly, have little or no interest in scanning and probably would never think of adding their information. The ARRL Repeater Handbook is probably the best source. However, many repeaters, especially private closed repeaters, don't list their locations or PL's. They just say "covers area." You might be better off just doing searches in the bands that you mention and automatically storing what you can hear. Another caveat, there are very few 10m repeaters and 6m is pretty limited too. Most activity is on 2m and 440. We have several 220 repeaters in this area, but few hams have 220 radios.

emmett518

Premium Subscriber
That's too bad. I'm one ham that scans, and talks. SWL too.

Thanks

KC8ESL

Premium Subscriber
Perhaps it would be better to simply find out if your state is in the 15 kHz band plan or the 20 kHz (I think Mich/some other states... not many) band plan. It might be easier to program in all of the repeater outputs than try to find repeaters.

You could probably create this easily in excel in import it into freebsd

KC8ESL

Premium Subscriber
Matt, would you elaborate on that, please?

There are better ways but we're you agreeing with one of our comments or did you know of something better that was not mentioned?

Status
Not open for further replies.