Wrong callsign in Amateur database

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwilborn

Hello,

Who or where should I reach out to so that I can get my callsign fixed in the DB? I checked in the About/Contact Us section to see if there was an e-mail that I could use, but didn't seem to find anything there. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

-- B
N0QQQ

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I could be wrong, but isn't the callsign database nothing more than a dump of FCC records? Mike

bwilborn

It very well may be, but it's showing my initial callsign of KE0BST in the database. I just got my vanity callsign of N0QQQ approved as of 10/07 and that is now what is showing up in the FCC database.

The interesting thing is that when I adjust it in my profile it says "Your callsign is not in the database, click here to add it." Then, when I go to enter in my new callsign it says it's already in the database. THEN when I go to search for N0QQQ, it says it can't find it.

I'm so confused...

-- B
N0QQQ

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
It very well may be, but it's showing my initial callsign of KE0BST in the database. I just got my vanity callsign of N0QQQ approved as of 10/07 and that is now what is showing up in the FCC database.

The interesting thing is that when I adjust it in my profile it says "Your callsign is not in the database, click here to add it." Then, when I go to enter in my new callsign it says it's already in the database. THEN when I go to search for N0QQQ, it says it can't find it.

I'm so confused...

-- B
N0QQQ

I'm pretty sure that RR updates that either weekly or maybe even monthly, but it isn't a "live" update.

bwilborn

OK. I'll just wait a bit and see if it fixes itself. If not, I guess I'll bring this back up for discussion in the future. Thanks!

-- B
N0QQQ

lep

Brian: you are in the FCC database with a Vanity call sign issued on 10/07/14 for a Technician class license with a former call sign of KE0BST. QRZ database shows almost the same info except they have KE0BST as an "alias" for you. In other words, QRZ seems to think you have 2 valid calls.

The ARRL database seems to have it correct. Since I an not associated with the RR database I am not sure where they get their information. I expect since you call sign was only issued this week that you are simply expecting faster action than RR is equipped for all will be corrected in good time.

LEP

Status
Not open for further replies.