Can we get C4FM Added to the Database ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BamaScan

Premium Subscriber
Can we get C4FM Digital Mode by Yaesu added to the Database ? My Database Admin said there is no way he can add C4FM to the database. It does not give him an option. So he has to use p25. It is not P25 and no P25 Digital scanner can decode C4FM. The Database Admin is stuck with adding it as a P25 repeater and the writing up a description that it is a C4FM Repeater. With All of the new C4FM repeaters out , there must be other Database Admins with the same problems.

Okaloosa County, Florida (FL) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Bubba, P25 can be C4FM, but not all C4FM is P25. For inexplicable reasons, a number of ham manufacturers have come up with their own standards that are C4FM but incompatible with P25 - Yaesu being one of them. As N2ICV mentioned, it's called Yaesu System Fusion.

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
I agree with other posters, the new Yaesu System Fusion format should be listed in the database as "YSF"; yes it's C4FM, but it is NOT Project-25 or standardized C4FM, rather it's Yaesu's own open-source build, much like what D-Star (GMSK) is...

I vote for "YSF" to be the choice for adding this to the database! By the way, we have a complete listing on all the Yaesu System Fusion repeaters on www.RepeaterBook.com as well; and they are called "YSF" there too... Just say'in...

Regards,

Jerry, W2GLD

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
YSF added as mode

All,

It's done; YSF has been added as a mode.

And I changed the entry that started this whole thread. . .

Last edited:

krokus

Premium Subscriber
I am glad to see the database being updated to include a new digital mode. Are there options for other digital modes?

Sent via Tapatalk

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
I am glad to see the database being updated to include a new digital mode. Are there options for other digital modes?

No, that's about it for now.

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
We need one more addition to this for Yaesu System Fusion. Please add the ability to have the Digital Squelch Code (DSQ) for the C4FM digital. The codes are from 001 to 126.

These are just like PL/DPL tones and are similar to NXDN RAN and Project-25 NAC codes. One should be used with each system and they can be used for varied functions as well.

The format should be similar to the DPL entry; where the DSQ would be entered as:

"001 DSQ"

If there are any questions on this, it's on page 32 of their repeater manual.

This would complete the abilities for the C4FM amateur repeaters in the database.

Thanks,

Jerry, W2GLD

Status
Not open for further replies.