"Changed Site # ... to..." changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
I see these a lot for trunked systems in the DB change history:

For example:

"OneVoice Network System Updated (Changed Site # 016 (Putnam Valley) to 016 (Putnam Valley))"

Does it literally mean just the only change was removing the "#" sign from the site name?

If it was just "Changed Site # 016 (Putnam Valley)" I would assume it was something else about the site itself, but since it says "...to...", that sounds more like an actual description of the change.

Thanks

kma371

QRT
I see these a lot for trunked systems in the DB change history:

For example:

"OneVoice Network System Updated (Changed Site # 016 (Putnam Valley) to 016 (Putnam Valley))"

Does it literally mean just the only change was removing the "#" sign from the site name?

If it was just "Changed Site # 016 (Putnam Valley)" I would assume it was something else about the site itself, but since it says "...to...", that sounds more like an actual description of the change.

Thanks

Most of the time, they are insignificant changes such as adding a FCC callsign, adding a site neighbor, adding GPS coordinates or changing the modulation. If you are ever curious of what the change was, I suggest you review the history and contact the admin who made the change directly.

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
So why does the change history give the context as a from/to? The way the change history is worded, it makes it look like the site name was changed (by removing the # sign).

Why not say just "Changed Site ..." to indicate a change in something to the site itself?

Last edited:

kma371

QRT
So why does the change history give the context as a from/to? The way the change history is worded, it makes it look like the site name was changed (by removing the # sign).

Why not say just "Changed Site ..." to indicate a change in something to the site itself?

Well that's above my pay grade. It has been discussed several times but how it displays now is just the way it is.

Of you look at the change log, it looks like several sites were added. Those in green are new or have been modified

Status
Not open for further replies.