newbie question about callsign webpage

Status
Not open for further replies.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Example page: WPYQ911 (Snohomish County Emergency Radio System (SERS)) FCC Callsign Details

OK on the page I see a tower about a mile away from me:
6 1228660 TOWER 91.4 91.4 137.1 State Route 528 at Highway 9

I see the service as: YF: Public Safety Ntl Plan, 821-824/866-869 MHz, Trunked

So how do you determine the control channels or can you?

Dave

Control channels are listed on the RR database page:

Snohomish County Emergency Radio (SERS) Trunking System, Everett, Washington - Scanner Frequencies

dwhitneysr

Premium Subscriber
ok so those are applicable to any of the SERS towers?? was looking how I could target a specific tower location other than the 6 you noted on the link provided.

n5ims

If the database includes the word "Simulcast" in the site name, then every tower broadcasts the exact same signals. This is done so there are fewer dead spots, especially for handheld radios. Be aware, however, that scanners may have difficulty picking up the signals since they don't have the extra (and expensive) circuits to filter out signals from multiple towers. If you have difficulty picking them up try to reduce the signal strength (yes, I said REDUCE, even though it may sound like you have too little signal) since you'll probably make it so the signal from only a single tower is picked up.

dwhitneysr

Premium Subscriber
understand, picking up on the Simulcast just fine, can even pull Everett PD far south as south lake Sammamish nearly to Costco. I was wondering about isolating to that tower near home but does not seem would pick up anything new

Status
Not open for further replies.