2015/07/09 - Flash Maps being replaced with HTML5 maps

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Great news folks,

I'm testing the HTML5 replacement of our Flash based clickable maps - right now they are in Beta across all the RadioReference database pages.

This means the long national nightmare of Flash is coming to an end on RadioReference!

See the regular database pages:

RadioReference.com - Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference Database

Feedback, questions, concerns? Let me hear from you.

PS: once we have this nailed down and working properly across all the states and counties we'll convert Broadcastify over as well.

mciupa

It reminds me of when you read the comics in the newspaper and you notice the characters are drawn ever so slightly different because a new artist has taken over. :)

No issues. Nice work.

k1agh

Premium Subscriber
Thank you thank you thank you oh god oh god thank you.

JP-Hollywood

Using an iPad, I get a message that HTML5 is not supported and then the map starts loading. I see the map which I could not see three days ago (when it was still Flash). I still need to test against a Flash device to see if anything is missing in the image. Other than that, mucho better!

rkm1215

Premium Subscriber
I was initially excited about HTML5 switchover, but ran into an unexpected issue. My work machine was fine on Flash, but IE says HTML5 is not supported and it doesn't load the map. Oh well.

Deziel0495

PE/NB Database Guy
Database Admin
New maps look great! I don't mean to go off topic, but is there any plans to introduce an HTML5 web player for Broadcastify audio feeds?

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
Maybe I'm missing something, but I still don't see the maps until I get to a county page. On the U.S. and State level page, I don't see a map. Once I select a county from the text list and it takes me to that county DB page I see the state level map with the county highlighted.
iPad with iOS 8.4.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Maybe I'm missing something, but I still don't see the maps until I get to a county page. On the U.S. and State level page, I don't see a map. Once I select a county from the text list and it takes me to that county DB page I see the state level map with the county highlighted.
iPad with iOS 8.4.

iOS devices are marked as mobile devices and we only display text links for mobile devices on the country and state pages (even the HTML5 maps in a touch environment aren't easy to use) - we display the map for the county location to provide a representation of where the county is located in relation to the rest of the state. Not as a navigation feature per se.

Status
Not open for further replies.