Mapping a frequency in a state?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
One of the more powerful visual elements of the RR database is the map displayed in a Trunked system by clicking "RR Locations" which shows the whole system and the locations of the sites. Clicking on a site gives more info. Very handy.
When trying to ID a newly heard frequency, I usually guess the state (I am within 30 miles of 4 states) lookup the frequency then try to look on a Google Map on another browser tab where the listed locations are - not always knowing all the counties and cities within a 100 mile radius!
Would it be difficult to put the same type of mapping as for a Trunked system on a state page lookup for a single frequency (eg 158.835 in Missouri) to visually show all the locations that specific frequency can be found?
(Am I clear in my request?)
Is there some way to do this already?
W

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
161 looked at this post, but no answers - where is the correct place to request a feature. Do any of you 161 people think this is a good idea?
W

nd5y

I'm only near one other state. I made web browser quick search keys to look up frequencies in TX and OK. I know where most of the counties are so it doesn't bother me that much but it might be handy. I don't think there is any way you can do that now. The closest thing is a lat/lon point radius search but the max range is 4 miles and I don't think you can specify the frequency. That is basically only good for showing all the other licenses at or near the same location.

The RR Location data for trunked systems is not always correct. A while back I found a MOSWIN site that had the same location as another site.

FCC license location data is also not always correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.