New to RF.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

coldbear

Premium Subscriber
Hello friends. I recently joined this wonderful group to listen to Oxford Ohio Police 90% of the time. Family members work there. Can someone explain how I can read this database without all the other County units reporting. Thanks for a response. Cb.

KC8ESL

Premium Subscriber
Cb, welcome. You'll find a lot more useful info if you post an Ohio specific question in the Ohio forum.

Anyways... Do you have a scanner? If so, what type? Do you intend on listening through the internet?

coldbear

Premium Subscriber
KC8ESL

No sir, I do not have a digital receiver. Only a Radio Shack TRUNKTRACKER 800MHz. Totally obsolete for what I'm listening for. lol. If a stand alone receiver would be better for this task, perhaps that's what I should invest in.

KC8ESL

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, Butler County is pretty built-up on the MARCS-IP network.

Ohio MARCS-IP: Multi-Agency Radio Communications (P25) Trunking System, Various, Ohio - Scanner Frequencies

There's actually quite a few digital capable radios out there to choose from nowadays. Anything that will do P25 phase 1 would work just fine. Be warned, MARCS-IP officially is a phase 2 system, but I doubt I'll ever see any phase 2 action on this system.

Personally I use a BCD396XT to monitor the system and unlike lots of people (and like some more...) I get fantastic results.

Status
Not open for further replies.