Database Admin Starting up Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

peq387ab

Premium Subscriber
Good evening, I'm reaching out to this forum here to see on how I can volunteer to become a database admin. Since I've been giving back information to the site and became a good friend of the database admin of North Dakota and Minnesota, I figured I would get some more info about how to volunteer. I live and scan just about everything from trunked to conventional systems in northern and eastern half of Minnesota and North Dakota. I did send a email to Tom Swisher a whole back but haven't heard. I'm looking for some guidance into someone pointing in the right direction to get into touch with the right person. I also work as a system tech on trunked and conventional radio systems as well here. Thanks in advance.

mciupa

You've done the right thing contacting Tom (wa8pyr). I would say try and be more patient. Tom may have other items on his plate to attend to.
I remember a few years back when a fellow DBA recommended me I waited three months I believe.

In any case, good luck. :)

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
I replied to your query by sending the standard questionnaire on October 20. I heard nothing back from you after that so your request was put on the back burner.

peq387ab

Premium Subscriber
Okay thanks Tom. I know my email is sometimes jammed up with getting stuff. I will look into my inbox here and then get back the questionnaire back to you here within the next day.
Happy Holidays.

peq387ab

Premium Subscriber
Tom, I just sent you an email back for the questionnaire to your email. If you have any questions, let me know.
Thanks and have a good week!

Status
Not open for further replies.