Search system by name request.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
On the main database page, there is an option to search for a system by name. On the page that comes up after you search , the sort options are,

Sort by: [ name | type | city | county | last updated ]

Being that the info displayed includes "state", can we add the ability to sort by state as well ?

Thanks

ecps92

+1

Guess I never noticed as the searches I've done never needed it by State

On the main database page, there is an option to search for a system by name. On the page that comes up after you search , the sort options are,

Being that the info displayed includes "state", can we add the ability to sort by state as well ?

Thanks

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator

Thanks

Can you advise what the use case is? Walk me through the reasoning...

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Can you advise what the use case is? Walk me through the reasoning...

The following link is a result of using the search system feature on the main database page.

RadioReference.com - Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference Database

I searched metro and many states have something called metro. Every category is sortable except state..

So if you wanted to see all of your search sorted by the state, you cant..

Another example is if you search Federal you get this

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?action=regexp&regexp=federal

So if you wanted to easily see all federal by state, you cant..

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
There is another thing that might need to be looked at. If you , from the main database page, click Search Trunked Radio Information-Retrieve by State, the page comes up and when you try to sort the systems by type, is it meant to put them in alphabetical order or just group them together? Sort by city and sort by county sort alphabetically.

Here is an example

New York Trunking Systems

I ask because if you do a sort by type from within a county page, it does sort the system types alphabetically as seen here

Suffolk County, New York (NY) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Anyone have any updates on this?

There is sort of a work-around that I always use. Using the link you gave in your post #6 above.....

Click here:

It will now be sorted by state.

Just look at the end of the url in your browser's address bar when you click to sort by any of the provided choices. For instance, when you click to sort by city, the very last of the url is "&sort=city".

Just change "city" to "state" and hit enter.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
There is sort of a work-around that I always use. Using the link you gave in your post #6 above.....

Click here:

It will now be sorted by state.

Just look at the end of the url in your browser's address bar when you click to sort by any of the provided choices. For instance, when you click to sort by city, the very last of the url is "&sort=city".

Just change "city" to "state" and hit enter.

Yea, We had added the functionality but never exposed a link. I've updated the search, removed the links. and made the columns all clickable to sort as appropriate.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Yea, We had added the functionality but never exposed a link. I've updated the search, removed the links. and made the columns all clickable to sort as appropriate.

Nice! Thanks Lindsay.

Status
Not open for further replies.