Tower Locations for Talk Groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nutes

Premium Subscriber
When looking in the database at the Ohio MARCS System; how do I determine where the location of the tower is for a specific local talk group. Specifically, I am trying to determine where the tower is located for the Pike County, OH Sheriff Dispatch, on Talk Group 66.

ecps92

your questions is probably best to request it be moved to the OHIO forum as those folks likely will know more about MARCS

However, generally a TRS is programmed by the Tech's
They can decide if a TG is allowed, Tower (Zone) by Zone as well as Radio ID (RID) by RID

So there is no hard fast way, other than lots of listening and then the one time might be for a special event and not always allow full-time access

When looking in the database at the Ohio MARCS System; how do I determine where the location of the tower is for a specific local talk group. Specifically, I am trying to determine where the tower is located for the Pike County, OH Sheriff Dispatch, on Talk Group 66.

mdulrich

Feed Provider

Ohio MARCS-IP: Multi-Agency Radio Communications (P25) Trunking System, Various, Ohio - Scanner Frequencies

There is no specific tower that a talkgroup is carried on. If a radio affiliates (connects) to a tower the talkgroup that is selected on the radio will be carried on that tower. While I'm not in your area, probably any of the towers in Pike County (and potentially neighboring sites) will carry PCSO traffic and potentially neighboring sites. If you click on a site on the link, a map will show you the rough area that is covered by the tower and the address of the actual tower location is given.

Hope this helps,
Mike

Nutes

Premium Subscriber
MARCS Tower Reception

Ohio MARCS-IP: Multi-Agency Radio Communications (P25) Trunking System, Various, Ohio - Scanner Frequencies

There is no specific tower that a talkgroup is carried on. If a radio affiliates (connects) to a tower the talkgroup that is selected on the radio will be carried on that tower. While I'm not in your area, probably any of the towers in Pike County will carry PCSO traffic. If you click on a site on the link, a map will show you the rough area that is covered by the tower and the address of the actual tower location is given.

Hope this helps,
Mike

Okay, so hypothetically, if an Ohio State Patrol Vehicle is cruzing through Pike County, OH on US 23 coming from Post 71 in Chillicothe, and he pulls over a vehicle and requests a plate check to his dispatch; it is very likely that the conversation signal will be carried on whatever MARCS tower is closest to his position for that stop at that time......correct?

hfxChris

Database Admin
Okay, so hypothetically, if an Ohio State Patrol Vehicle is cruzing through Pike County, OH on US 23 coming from Post 71 in Chillicothe, and he pulls over a vehicle and requests a plate check to his dispatch; it is very likely that the conversation signal will be carried on whatever MARCS tower is closest to his position for that stop at that time......correct?

Correct, that is very likely. At the very least it has to be one within his range.

Nutes

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Everybody

Okay Thanks everyone, I am understanding now!

phask

Premium Subscriber

EZ way - using the link above to go to MARCS - under the bold area that says system frequencies - to the right is a link that says RR location - brings up a map of all sites.

Site Map: Ohio MARCS-IP: Multi-Agency Radio Communications (P25) Trunking System, Various, Ohio

Be aware - system will soon be "dead: as is is moving to Marcs -IP

Status
Not open for further replies.