How Often Do You Update Your FCC Licensee Database?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KM4PSW

I signed up a couple of weeks ago. I have not paid for a subscription yet because I wanted to see how long it took for you to update your database of FCC licensees. You guys are still showing my actual home address, which I made the mistake of putting down when I took and passed my Technician's Class test. That address was changed in the FCC database. I even wrote. Your database is still showing the wrong address. I can see some benefits to actually being a paid member, and would like to, but can't as of now because its looking like a sloppy database pull. If that is sloppy I wonder what else is. Is there some scheduling to how often your databases?

73's,
John KM4PSW

D

DaveNF2G

Perhaps you should read the informational postings on the site instead of posting veiled accusations. The databases are updated every week.

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
I signed up a couple of weeks ago. I have not paid for a subscription yet because I wanted to see how long it took for you to update your database of FCC licensees. You guys are still showing my actual home address, which I made the mistake of putting down when I took and passed my Technician's Class test. That address was changed in the FCC database. I even wrote. Your database is still showing the wrong address. I can see some benefits to actually being a paid member, and would like to, but can't as of now because its looking like a sloppy database pull. If that is sloppy I wonder what else is. Is there some scheduling to how often your databases?

73's,
John KM4PSW
Jeez! Somebody else just asked the same question in the Forums Admin section, albiet much more civilly.

The answer is: RR downloads fresh updates from the FCC database every Monday.

Aero125

If you're worried about privacy you shouldn't sign up using your call sign as your name on here. Also, the FCC online database will still show your previous address as well after you change it.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
I have not paid for a subscription yet because I wanted to see how long it took for you to update your database of FCC licensees.
The value of a paid, aka Premium, account with RadioReference is access to the Web Service which allows scanner programs to pull data from the RR frequency database and load it in your scanner, access to the feed archives at Broadcastify,com, and other web site features. The RR frequency database is not simply a repackaging of the FCC ULS data as the entries in the RR frequency database are submitted by actual listeners and vetted by our DB admins. Therefore, updates from the FCC ULS really don't figure into the value of a Premium account.

Note that you can view the frequency database on-line, read and post comments in the forums, and access the RR Wiki all without a Premium account.

The amateur radio license database at RadioReference is an additional feature here at RR, but the FCC ULS is always going to have the most current data. All of the various on-line amateur radio license databases pull their data from the FCC ULS, though some do it more frequently than RadioReference does.

You guys are still showing my actual home address... That address was changed in the FCC database.
And, your street address is still in the FCC records. If you search your callsign in the FCC ULS and look at the administrative actions to your license, your street address is still visible.

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
Monday morning, April 18th, 07:48 hours: Golly gee! The database is updated to show the OP's info properly. It just burns my butt that he hasn't bothered to log back in to see the helpful answers and the updated info.

Must have been a real freaking crisis in his life.

D

DaveNF2G

This is one of those times when I briefly look for a Like button. :)

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Monday morning, April 18th, 07:48 hours: Golly gee! The database is updated to show the OP's info properly. It just burns my butt that he hasn't bothered to log back in to see the helpful answers and the updated info.

Must have been a real freaking crisis in his life.
John is a new ham, only licensed since 12/2015 so he may not know any better. :wink: 73, n9zas

Jimru

Premium Subscriber

73's,

John KM4PSW

Radio Reference is only as accurate as the users are willing to post their findings, also. They very much depend on us to find new things and post them to the database. Without us monitoring and sharing, there would be a lot less on Radio Ref!

kd7ckq

>>Snip<< Your database is still showing the wrong address. I can see some benefits to actually being a paid member, and would like to, but can't as of now because its looking like a sloppy database pull. If that is sloppy I wonder what else is. Is there some scheduling to how often your databases?

73's,
John KM4PSW

Wow!
Really to bad you want to introduce yourself in such fashion. You never get a second chance to make a first impression.

Status
Not open for further replies.