DMR/NXDN large area system

Status
Not open for further replies.

N2ICV

Premium Subscriber
Hi All
Maybe it time to think outside the box?

Over on the http://forums.radioreference.com/pe...437-triangle-connect-plus-system-141-a-5.html talking about PA Digital Radio Network Trunking System, Various, Pennsylvania - Scanner Frequencies.

I said
Like I been saying Md, De and NJ need to be added to the system.

and was told
Until there is proof that there are actual sites in MD, DE and NJ, and at least one site in each of those states confirmed, then none of them should be added to the system. We cannot just add states to a multi-state system because coverage area of the system may bleed over into those states. There have to be physical sites transmitting in those states for them to be added to the DB.

Mike

I replied
I think it's stupid that RR goes by the site and not coverage. The Scanner user is looking for info on this site on what they could hear not if a site is in what state, Also this is not a Public Safety system, it's a Business .

But who am I but a paid member of this site for 14 years what do I know...LOL

You guys need to rethink this rule, why ? like I said this is a Business system that has users that move throughout the coverage area of the system.( state to state ) Just look at the coverage area map of this system as a example . PA Digital Radio Network - Triangle Communicaitons Inc.

With all the DMR and NXDN systems being add to the site they should not abide by the same rules as you have set for Public Safety systems?

Thanks Mike N2ICV

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I was told some time ago that a plan was being developed for this kind of stuff, but I've yet to hear or see anything. Hopefully it will encompass systems like this, along with the amateur use of DMR and IDAS...

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.