NXDN Type D trunking

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I was curious about what the 'Type' statement meant when you see it in a trunk system type description, so I found this on the Icom website

IDAS system features | IDAS TM special contents | Icom Inc.

As I understand it, Type C trunking has a centralized feature, and would have a CC; but a Type D is distributed system with no dedicated CC

Therefore any frequency so marked as a CC is not valid for these systems, like those marked in this entry

ICOM Canada Trunking System, Multiple, Ontario - Scanner Frequencies

Something to consider (assuming that NXDN trunking is included in the Thursday Whistler release, which would make it much more available than trying to use DSD or DSD plus to more people)

Mike

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

Type D is a digital form of LTR trunking.

Although there is no dedicated control channel, there is usually at least one home channel that transmits a data burst every couple of seconds.
A multiple site system will also have a collect repeater to handle radio affiliation. The collect repeater also transmits a data burst every couple of seconds. The other frequencies are usually quiet unless there is traffic.
http://forums.radioreference.com/vo...tware/298002-understanding-idas-trunking.html

So in the example you gave, one control channel frequency at a site is likely the home repeater and the second control channel frequency at a site is likely the collect repeater.

73 Eric

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Thanks Eric. I'm going to put the link to the thread you gave into the wiki so it can be found easily.

Mike

mciupa

Database Admin
I was curious about what the 'Type' statement meant when you see it in a trunk system type description, so I found this on the Icom website

IDAS system features | IDAS TM special contents | Icom Inc.

As I understand it, Type C trunking has a centralized feature, and would have a CC; but a Type D is distributed system with no dedicated CC

Therefore any frequency so marked as a CC is not valid for these systems, like those marked in this entry

ICOM Canada Trunking System, Multiple, Ontario - Scanner Frequencies

Something to consider (assuming that NXDN trunking is included in the Thursday Whistler release, which would make it much more available than trying to use DSD or DSD plus to more people)

Mike

CC's have been removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.