Fort Bend County, Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

marksmith

Look under the Texas wide area network p25 phase 2 system

Fort Bend Sheriff, EMS talkgroups, etc.
Lots of different counties are on this trunked system, which has a few different sites in Fort Bend County, Texas

Mark
536/436/WS1095/HP1/HP2/996T/996XT/996P2/396XT/325P2/PSR800/15X/others

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
Look under the Texas wide area network p25 phase 2 system

Fort Bend Sheriff, EMS talkgroups, etc.
Lots of different counties are on this trunked system, which has a few different sites in Fort Bend County, Texas

Mark

Sigh...I know what they use. My point (as stated in my original message) is there is absolutely no category for them or ANY city in Ft Bend County.

If I'm Joe Scanner and have no idea what they use I have no indication that they are using TxWARN.

Take Williamson County as an example...

Williamson County, Texas (TX) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

It has categories for the SO even they are 100% trunked.

Fort Bend County doesn't even show a SO category...

Fort Bend County, Texas (TX) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

KevinC

Super Moderator
I asked one of the awesome DB admins to fix this...DONE. Thanks Eric!

marksmith

This is true throughout the entire database. In all states. I doubt any "fix" will occur in your one instance, as thousands of changes would be required throughout the database to conform all records to what you are suggesting.

Any county that shares a statewide system in the entire database does not have its own county system entry because that would be misrepresenting the system it is on.

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:

marksmith

All I am saying is Joe Scanner up here in Maryland figured it out, and you figured it out.

Maybe because the txWARN system is listed on that county's page (and subset in the Sentinel database), Joe scanner from Texas maybe isn't getting enough credit in terms of being able to figure it out.

Mark

KevinC

Super Moderator
This is true throughout the entire database. In all states. I doubt any "fix" will occur in your one instance, as thousands of changes would be required throughout the database to conform all records to what you are suggesting.

Any county that shares a statewide system in the entire database does not have its own county system entry because that would be misrepresenting the system it is on.

Mark

OK, I guess what Eric did was completely useless then. I'll ask him to undo it. :roll:

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin

Mark

All I am saying is Joe Scanner up here in Maryland figured it out, and you figured it out.

Maybe because the txWARN system is listed on that county's page (and subset in the Sentinel database), Joe scanner from Texas maybe isn't getting enough credit in terms of being able to figure it out.

Mark

You seem to be unaware of the fact that we have a way to link trunked systems to different sections (subcategories) of a database page, which is called 'Related Trunked System'. It's a very easy procedure and is the preferred method of indicating that such and such an agency operates on a given trunked system. That is what Kevin was asking about, and what Eric correctly fixed on the Fort Bend County page.

Last edited:

Tim-B

If someone does not see the particular agency they are looking for they why would they not simply scroll down to the bottom of the page and see the listing for "All trunked systems in xxxx County" and look at those systems to find the agency they are looking for? My job takes me to many different places and that is what I do before leaving. I check the county I am going to and if I don't see public safety agencies listed then I scroll down to the trunked system list and look at those since most public safety agencies are trunked now anyway.

marksmith

If someone does not see the particular agency they are looking for they why would they not simply scroll down to the bottom of the page and see the listing for "All trunked systems in xxxx County" and look at those systems to find the agency they are looking for? My job takes me to many different places and that is what I do before leaving. I check the county I am going to and if I don't see public safety agencies listed then I scroll down to the trunked system list and look at those since most public safety agencies are trunked now anyway.
Exactly.

536/436/ws1095/996p2/996xt/325p2/396xt/psr800/396t/HP-1/HP-2 & others

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin

Unfortunately, many people don't think to do that. If there isn't an explicit listing that says "Agency X" they get befuddled and don't look any farther, or jump to the forum to ask for someone to give it to them (or at least tell them where it is). I've even forgotten to do it myself on occasion.

I don't know if it's a symptom of the "hand it to me on a silver platter" mentality that's all too common these days or not, but I've seen it often.

Last edited:

KevinC

Super Moderator
I appreciate everyone beating me up over this. And so you all know, what I requested is how the Fort Bend County listing used to be...for years...something changed and all those smaller agencies (even the S.O) disappeared.

With that, I'm closing this since the issue...or non-issue in most people's eyes :roll:...has been resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.