New Radio Shack Pro-106 Scanner / Delaware

Status
Not open for further replies.

wirelesscop

Hey Everyone,

I currently have a Pro-96 and just saw the new Radio Shack Pro-106 and had a few questions...

From what I have read, once rebanding occurs, thePro-96 will still be able to monitor the Delaware Trunked Radio System. Is this true?

Looking at the specs for the Pro-106, it looks like it also should be able to monitor Delaware's Trunked System. Am I correct?

Also, for those of you that might monitor Chester County, PA... Will this new scanner also monitor the Ericcson EDACS 800 system?

I am just trying to figure out if I should just keep the Pro-96 or upgrade and what advantages getting the new Pro-106 will give me over the Pro-96.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

DELCOLHFC

Yes, Yes, No and then some.

Yes the 96 SHOULD be able to follow the DE TRS after rebanding, other areas have had success with this, there are threads here that outline what is needed for programming.

Yes the 106 will follow DE's TRS now and post reband, no problems.

Nope, no scanner can follow Chesco's crazy system.

The 106 is a pretty nifty scanner with some new features, but the 96 is and should remain a rock solid unit. The current deals on the 106 make it very attactive, I just ordered one to keep my 96's company.

Status
Not open for further replies.