Delaware I95 Route

Status
Not open for further replies.

mondaro

Feed Provider
Hello...

In a few weeks i'll be driving down to Baltimore, What are must have freq's to be monitoring while driving through Delaware on 95.

Thanks

Tony M.

w2xq

Mentor
I wouldn't worry about DE. You won't be in the state long enough to care. If you travel through the state on I-95 it takes 10-15 minutes. If you duck south of I-95 to US 40 -- avoiding DE and MD tolls -- it might be 20-30 minutes. I'd suggest listening to WTMC - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia for traffic information once you get to the Camden/Gloucester County (NJ) area; the TIS information will help you pick which road to use once you cross the Delaware Memorial Bridge. If you hear the Delaware Memorial Bridge is tied up, you'll still have the opportunity to duck off to US 322 West across the bridge to Chester, taking I-95 to Wilmington, and onward to either the DE TP or US 40. And US 13 south of I-95, and before the turn onto US 40 West, is the home of HRO/Delaware, a fun radio toy store. HTH.

Last edited:

mikemey

Premium Subscriber
IF you're looking to avoid the toll on I-95 in Del., shoot me a PM and I'll explain it to you both ways.

Audiodave1

Database Admin
Hello...

In a few weeks i'll be driving down to Baltimore, What are must have freq's to be monitoring while driving through Delaware on 95.

Thanks

Tony M.

You would listen to: State of Delaware Public Safety Trunking System, Statewide, Delaware - Scanner Frequencies New Castle site 001 only.
Plug in the
DRBA bridge police 6032
DSP 2128
fire disp 3184
Fire-3 operations: 3216
Traffic-1 4688
Traffic 2 4816

Watch out 2 miles before and after the bridge...Bridge PD have little tolerance beyond moving with the flow of traffic.

That'll cover most any tie up for the short drive.

151.040 (possibly the worst sounding repeater known) repeats the Maryland SP on I95 (low band 39.92...I think) patrol from the state line to just north of balto.

Dave

mondaro

Feed Provider
Dave....

Thank you so much for your feed back does that 151.040 have a PL to iit.

Also how far out of baltimore heading north can you hear 154.145 pl 156.7 BCFD Dispatch ?

Again.

Thank You

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.