NCC PD Dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

wirelesscop

Hey Everyone,

Sorry if I'm late in the game here...

I haven't heard a peep from NCCPD Dispatch in about a week on my Homepatrol. Did they go encrypted?

Thanks!

hai_akeeba

Sitting on N-DISP-1 for fifteen minutes, have heard nothing. Same for N-DISP-2. Hearing a lot of enc. activity on county N-TAC-1. possibly using that for dispatch. Possibly someone could run unitrunker for a new talk group.

wirelesscop

Good Afternoon,

Thanks for the reply. I did hear recently (for what it's worth)... 1. NCCPD might have been having issues with their main dispatch freqs and 2. DSP and NCCPD have been talking about going encrypted on their main freqs.

Not sure what's going on...

Grrrrrr...

wirelesscop

And I forgot to add...when I tune to NCCPD 1 and 2...the encryption triangle shows on those channels on my 800 portable... However, I still can't hear them...even with a portable. So I dunno...

wirelesscop

And I forgot to add...when I tune to NCCPD 1 and 2...the encryption triangle shows on those channels on my 800 portable... However, I still can't hear them...even with a portable. So I dunno...

h8tdigitalradio

Feed Provider
NCCPD is using N-TAC1-C (TG 6288) for Dispatch according to Dispatcher RIDs seen using the HP-1 Trunked System Analyzer. Unaware if this is temporary. It would be sad to lose NCCPD Dispatch, the only Channel left unencrypted.

Edit: Just got word from a source NCCPD will be ENCRYPTED for GOOD starting Monday October 7.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Damn that sucks! I enjoyed listening to them this past New Years Eve and hearing all the shots fired calls, oh well all good things must come to an end.

Septa3371CSX1

Wonder if online streaming played a role into this decision? It seems many law enforcement agencies have decided to encrypt recently after seeing how easy it is for anyone to listen in using a smart phone that can be easily acquired for a low price. If only there was something that we in the scanning community could do to reverse this trend.

h8tdigitalradio

Feed Provider
Wonder if online streaming played a role into this decision?
Strong possibility. We will never know. Only Dispatch was streamed, (TACs were encrypted and streaming TACs is against Broadcastify Rules) and there is a delay. The listeners have no control what they hear. With NCCPD Dispatch encrypted, the local PD Dispatches of incorporated Municipalities are off limits as well (Middletown, Delaware City, Elsmere, Newport). It was fun while it lasted.

The State usually follows the County when they make changes to the comm system, so it's a possibility DSP and some, if not all Municipal PDs will go the same route. Time will tell, and it's not on our side. :(

wirelesscop

Thanks for the info. Wow...that does suck.

Gosh I remember back in the day listening to my first scanner I bought at RR Comm on Naamans Rd...All I had programmed into it initially were 154.665 (DSP) and 156.165 (NCCPD)... Listened to it all through High School until everything went digital. I waited impatiently for years till a device came out that would undo the stinkin silence of the scanner...and once again bring happiness to my ears. THE DAY that Radio Shack had the first digital scanner available, I bought it. I remember my wife just staring at me when she saw the box...as she recalled I told her what the digital scanner would cost once it was released...lol

Yea, lets hope that DSP doesn't follow suit. Of course maybe there's a little ray of hope...seeing as they advertise the live feeds on their website... I dunno...

Grrrrrr...

Audiodave1

Database Admin
This is not good at all. They just needed 1 more excuse apparently.
Looking thru my radio ID list it would appear that the dispatch consoles are on TAC1 with mobiles answering back.

They decided to just reallocate the use of that group so there would be no question about ENC/Clear to the users since the tac's are strapped ENC.

Nothing good can come of this as I believe we are too far down the rabbit hole now.

Septa3371CSX1

Be nice if there was a way we in the scanning community could petition to make encryption of routine police dispatches illegal. To me I feel if there is a need for encryption than the dispatcher and/or OIC should make that call on an individual call basis. Perhaps even easier to obtain would be a movement to end all law enforcement streams at least on this site in an effort to give less reason for encryption.

de784

Feed Provider
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.1; en-us; HTC6435LVW 4G Build/JRO03C) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Agreed

h8tdigitalradio

Feed Provider
According to 24/7 Wall Street Article, Delaware ranks 6th Most Dangerous State in the US. With NCCPD keeping all the real time dispatching info to themselves, and useless PIO heavily redacted press releases to go by, nothing to disprove the article.

What we don't know won't kill us, eh....

jcardani

Premium Subscriber
Guys this is why my Philly PD citywide feed only broadcasts J band, T band, and Special event talkgroups. I purposely do not include any district or special unit talk groups for the reason that PPD would give my feed the excuse for encryption. But after the Delaware NCCPD encryption and future DSP encryption, I am now considering removing my PPD feed. However, what would stop someone else from streaming all PPD talkgroups (including districts) after my feed is gone?

Although speaking negative about law enforcement feeds because of potential encryption on the form is against RR policy, I believe you Delaware folks should directly express your concerns with RR leadership off the forums. It may be time to change policy before it's too late and there are no LE feeds left.

h8tdigitalradio

Feed Provider
The Delaware LE Feeds hosted on Broadcastify are no different than the Official DSP Feed, which has been hosted by DSP well before Broadcastify or Smartphone Apps. The only difference is Municipal and County DISPATCHES were added. This is routine everyday stuff. NCCPD Chief feels this is critical info to criminals.

While this may be the case, it doesn't stop them from committing crime. We won't know about it.

A 5 minute delay could be implemented for LE Feeds, which may appease some LEOs who are apprehensive of LE Feeds.

jcardani

Premium Subscriber
Hi Dave,

Do you think that DSP will keep their official feed operational after they potentially encrypt at the beginning of the year? I hope the answer would be yes.

The Delaware LE Feeds hosted on Broadcastify are no different than the Official DSP Feed, which has been hosted by DSP well before Broadcastify or Smartphone Apps. The only difference is Municipal and County DISPATCHES were added. This is routine everyday stuff. NCCPD Chief feels this is critical info to criminals.

While this may be the case, it doesn't stop them from committing crime. We won't know about it.

A 5 minute delay could be implemented for LE Feeds, which may appease some LEOs who are apprehensive of LE Feeds.

h8tdigitalradio

Feed Provider
Hi Joe,

I hope so. It would have to come directly from Dispatcher Console.

On another note, DSP was looking for a Shooting Suspect from MD this week that crashed after a pursuit on Old Baltimore Pike and 896. They used SW-PMA and N-PMA, in the CLEAR. I wonder why? Maybe they were looking for some assistance? Some units without encryption capability? Usually, the PMA TGs are encrypted.

To be clear, I am not against encryption. It has it's place, just not on routine dispatches.

Status
Not open for further replies.