RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Delaware Radio Discussion Forum

Delaware Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Delaware.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-01-2014, 4:37 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Question Trooper 2 & Trooper 4

It's been a while since I've asked a dumb question so why not?

When I'm listening to Kent or Sussex Counties and they have an incident requiring a helicopter I'll hear Trooper 2 or Trooper 4 is responding or on standby. Where and how are they dispatched? Is there a certain frequency or talk group used for them? How are they made aware of their calls and what frequency or talk group do they use to keep in touch with their dispatch when on the calls?

210XLT, 120XLT, BCT2, Pro-90, Pro-2048, Pro-94, BCT15X, PSR-800,BCD396XT,BCD996XT
Sponsored links
Old 07-01-2014, 8:51 AM

In the DB there is a TG #1712, it use to be used for Aviation Dispatch, but on some recent trips, haven't heard a peep out of it, don't know what they use now.
Old 07-02-2014, 1:17 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

I rarely hear the troopers anymore except occasionally on the DSP Command channels.

Have not "heard" 1712 in some time, Thinking it went P25E. Most LE ops when Trooper is involved used to show up on the Mutual aid channels but even on these I more often than not am getting P25E these days.

Just my .02
Old 07-02-2014, 1:36 PM

I do remember hearing Trooper 4 on ReCom for a call and hearing Trooper on on Kent Fire 1 for a MVA
Old 07-03-2014, 1:37 PM

Well, I will try to give you the short answer here. If T2 or T4 are in the hanger, the dispatch will be by telephone from the center requesting them. While in the air, they monitor several channels including avcom (manned by KentCom) the county police dispatch, fire dispatch and ops, ATC, and whatever else they feel like. Avcom is usually the central tracking for them. That is they always tell avcom what they are doing, and often will tell the county police and fire disp as well. So needless to say, they are very busy on the radio when they are up. As for avcom going e, I do not know......
Sponsored links
Old 07-08-2014, 2:06 PM

Default dover police

hi all i got the uniden scanner that picks up delaware form radio shack milford for delaware but i can not pick dover pd all i hear form dover pd is like being under water i have the freq for dover it is in the scanner but not geting any out of it please let me no what this is the guy that sold me scanner put delaware freq dover to but does not come out
Old 07-08-2014, 2:11 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

stevenmilford, Dover PD is encrypted.
No one can hear them...except them.
Old 07-09-2014, 4:38 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by nojoy View Post
Well, I will try to give you the short answer here. If T2 or T4 are in the hanger, the dispatch will be by telephone from the center requesting them. While in the air, they monitor several channels including avcom (manned by KentCom) the county police dispatch, fire dispatch and ops, ATC, and whatever else they feel like. Avcom is usually the central tracking for them. That is they always tell avcom what they are doing, and often will tell the county police and fire disp as well. So needless to say, they are very busy on the radio when they are up. As for avcom going e, I do not know......
TY everybody! I guess the best bet is to keep listening to 1712 & then any other random channel in hopes of hearing something before or during? Friends of mine live in NCC and are trying to get me to go down for the race in September so if I make the trip down I'll have to set the PSR-800 to record to see if I get lucky and catch something.
It's just weird to see it operate like this. But then again all of our helo dispatching & ops up here on still on UHF and High Band. Do the troopers in Maryland run the same way as in Delaware or do they have a different way of doing things there too? I don't think I've ever heard them be dispatched either, just when they patch over to the trunked systems. I guess that part is a question for the Maryland forums. TY for the answers!

210XLT, 120XLT, BCT2, Pro-90, Pro-2048, Pro-94, BCT15X, PSR-800,BCD396XT,BCD996XT
Old 07-12-2014, 11:01 AM

Default dover pd

thanks for the fast reply dave by the way dover pd sucks thanks any way for the info good to no
Sponsored links
Old 07-12-2014, 4:34 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Sussex will alert Trooper 2 by telephone and via UHF pager, just like fire/medics. They operate on the working fireground TG and coordinate with AvComm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-19-2014, 3:11 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by n7lxi View Post
Sussex will alert Trooper 2 by telephone and via UHF pager, just like fire/medics. They operate on the working fireground TG and coordinate with AvComm.

Is that on the 453.700 or on another channel?

Old 07-24-2014, 10:32 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Yes. They have their own set of tones.

Old 08-09-2014, 4:25 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by n7lxi View Post
Yes. They have their own set of tones.

Thank you!! Any idea what the tone values are for Trooper 2 or 4? I haven't been down that way in a while but even when I have I never heard them go out to be able to catch them. In this case "quiet" wasn't a bad thing.

Old 09-28-2014, 5:02 PM

I can confirm after a recent trip, DSP Aviation Disp. is indeed Encrypted, both sides