RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Amateur Radio > Digital Voice for Amateur Use

Digital Voice for Amateur Use Discuss use of digital voice technologies on the amateur radio bands. This is to include technologies such as VoIP, P25, DMR/TRBO, NXDN, D-STAR, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-11-2012, 4:39 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default NXDN repeater - live on internet?

Anyone know of the live audio from an NXDN repeater that might be available on the internet?

Thanks in advance,
Alan
Sponsored links
Old 05-15-2012, 12:20 PM

I think at one time the Monticello, IL mix mode repeater was connected to echolink, and the radio they were using for the link radio was set to receive mixed mode. but I havent seen the stations call sign on the echolink list lately, so it may have been taken off the air.

Im not aware of any digital only NXDN repeater that would have streaming audio to the internet.
However, you bring up a good Idea.
I think whenever our group gets our "I-LEAD" system operational, I might tap my base radio and feed the audio into radioreference or something so people can listen.

Keep me posted if you find out of a group doing something like that!

Steven KC9GMX
Old 04-24-2014, 3:14 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

LOL, just found this 2 year old thread when I googled NXDN Echolink. I think I can setup a 2nd feed on the same computer I stream the scanner from or use the other PC we have that never gets used to stream NXDN from our repeater or repeaters. I think it would build interest and for those who are on fringe or on the road you could listen to local happenings via app!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevelton View Post
I think at one time the Monticello, IL mix mode repeater was connected to echolink, and the radio they were using for the link radio was set to receive mixed mode. but I havent seen the stations call sign on the echolink list lately, so it may have been taken off the air.

Im not aware of any digital only NXDN repeater that would have streaming audio to the internet.
However, you bring up a good Idea.
I think whenever our group gets our "I-LEAD" system operational, I might tap my base radio and feed the audio into radioreference or something so people can listen.

Keep me posted if you find out of a group doing something like that!

Steven KC9GMX
Old 04-24-2014, 10:00 PM

We just need the cable end to connect your rig blaster to the 6061 right? As for a feed, there is a feed of the WW NXDN link on the internet now.
http://w7qo.dyndns.org:8000/NXDN.mp3

Steven KC9GMX