another silly dstar question

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevolene

seems the most popular reflectors I read about have a C following the number, the information I've read refers to module C as being 2 meter with reflector B module being 440 , my question is does it matter if your local repeater is 440 and your linking to a C reflector?

dmaria

seems the most popular reflectors I read about have a C following the number, the information I've read refers to module C as being 2 meter with reflector B module being 440 , my question is does it matter if your local repeater is 440 and your linking to a C reflector?

When linking to another repeater, it does not matter.

Dave

stevolene

if you have all reflectors you need programmed into radio, do you have to link to each one? or just the local dstar repeater? reason I asked this is because once I'm linked to whether it be the 2 meter machine or 440, I hear traffic throughout each reflector

dmaria

if you have all reflectors you need programmed into radio, do you have to link to each one? or just the local dstar repeater? reason I asked this is because once I'm linked to whether it be the 2 meter machine or 440, I hear traffic throughout each reflector

You must link to a reflector in order to hear or transmit traffic on that reflector. However, some repeaters are already linked to a reflector without anything being done by you. I assume it is to create traffic on a repeater that may not be utilized very much.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.