CS 750 programming help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Franktom

Hi,, K1FHT here in the PHX AZ area.

I'm looking for an Elmer to teach me how to program my CS 750. I tried to figure it out but I really need someone to help me.

I just got my CS 700 Converted to a CS 750.

Any help would be appreciated.

I don't know if i'm even in the correct forum.

Please reply to Frank@franktom.com. or this forum. Thanks

Frank T..

N5TWB

Here's a possible source of assistance: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/search?query=dmr arizona

This is a Yahoo group for DMR users in AZ and they may already have a code plug you can download so your radio is immediately usable. After that, you can edit it to suit your way of operating or setting up your zones/talkgroups.

If that group doesn't already have a code plug for downloading, you can post an inquiry in the forum to request one or assistance in converting your CS 700 info over to the CS 750. It is possible to do that and there is info on the Connect Systems website. The info is minimal so I'd recommend a phone conversation with the tech guy at CS. He's very helpful. I got his assistance on getting the CS 750 program downloaded and unpacked with a free un-zip utility. Then I got a code plug from another ham and have been tweaking it to suit me.

jwt873

Premium Subscriber
It can certainly be overwhelming at first.. Especially if you've never had any contact with DMR like me when I got my 750 :)

I used this YouTube video to get me going. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzTf65T3z2g

There are a few other vids on YouTube, but I found this one to be the best. Not only does he show you how to program the radio, but he uses a very logical way to name Channels, Zones and Groups so that they clearly relate to each other.

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
This is precisely the same method we use to program code plugs for the Hoosier DMR Network here in Indiana.

That is an excellent video, as is his next one covering the CS750/800 series.

Franktom

CS 750 code plug help?

Just got my cs750 and I'm wondering where I can find AZ and CT code plugs! I tried to program cs750 but I find it difficult and very frustrating. I'm currently in PHX AZ. Any help will be appreciated.

K1FHT Frank

emt587

Premium Subscriber
cs 750 codeplug

I sent you a code plug actually 2 code plugs

Franktom

Where can I find them to download?

Thanks EMT 587! Are you an emt? I am EMT 21 in Washington CT,

Status
Not open for further replies.