DMR/Netwatch ID Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renee00

I'm going to have to work on expressing myself in asking this question to make it clear.

Netwatch is a real-time display of data in the form of strings of data. Under the column 'Source Radio Alias",
where does Netwatch pull this data? A database or is it in the signal I am transmitting? I am asking because I've changed calls to my original call which I let expire. So "Radio Alias" in Netwatch displays my new 2x2 instead of my original call which is now mine once again because the FCC changed it and now I have it as a vanity call. So where is the database that Netwatch pulls that string from OR am I transmitting it from my TRBO and the data and that string is located in my trbo? Another place it may be is in the MARC database? Goodness, I hope that my question is clear.
Renee - KC3NG

SCPD

QRT
I think it comes from the DMARC database, however I don't know if that is automatically updated when you change calls or not.

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
Actually nothing is stored on the DMARC database except your unique subscriber number, and that is all that your radio will transmit. The call signs associated with subscriber numbers is kept in your radio as one of the 'contacts.' Whenever you hear someone else transmitting, their number is received and if you have their call sign and name in your 'contact list' you'll see their name and call. Otherwise, all you'll see is their subscriber number.

Renee00

"Actually nothing is stored except your unique subscriber number, and that is all that your radio will transmit. The call signs associated with subscriber numbers is kept in your radio as one of the 'contacts."

Possibly, your message was a little self contradictory I'm not sure. I've continued to research the problem and I find that that problem is in the MARC database. I've received copies and my listing is now:

3124190,KC3NG,Renee

which is correct BUT I'm still showing in Netwatch with the AB3 call. Probably the update will follow.

Thank you,
Renee KC3NG

Last edited:

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
3124190,KC3NG,Renee

which is correct BUT I'm still showing in Netwatch with the AB3 call. Probably the update will follow.

Thank you,
Renee KC3NG
Ah, but that is a list that is generated by DMARC for everyone, including the maintainers of the c-bridges to download and install locally for their netwatch displays. Not all c-bridge operators are updating regularly... ;)

Nonetheless, our radios only transmit our unique subscriber ID numbers. It's up to the contact lists of both the c-bridge and subscriber's radios to keep the contact list up to date. My CS800 radios can store up to 65k+ contacts, but my MD-380 and XPR7550 are much more limited in capacity.

jwt873

Premium Subscriber
FWIW, DMR-MARC takes 'forever' to update their database. I registered a couple of radio ID's and it was almost a month before my call and info showed up on on Netwatch (and other web pages that show the same thing).

Apparently, the database update is done manually, but last I heard there are plans to automate it..

Status
Not open for further replies.