Wouxun KG-D901 Firmware Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief220

I recently purchased the Wouxun KG-D901, which supports a maximum of only 2 zones. I was told by Wouxun that the radio can be updated so it can have 64 zones. However, they did not tell me how to do this. Does anyone know how to update the D901's firmware?

N4KVE

Just 2 zones? That's 32 ch max. That's not gonna fly. Nice display though. I like the ability to toggle back & forth between DMR, & analog with the push of a button.

Chief220

Just 2 zones? That's 32 ch max. That's not gonna fly. Nice display though. I like the ability to toggle back & forth between DMR, & analog with the push of a button.

Yes, unfortunately that means just 32 channels. After asking for instructions on how to update my D901, Wouxun said, "It is difficult to handle at your end. Most of the users failed."

...so much for customer support.

N4KVE

So sad that by doing a FW upgrade, it will brick the radio. But people don't pay attention, & buy the radio anyways because it is cheap to buy. The rest does not matter.

Chief220

After speaking with another representative from Wouxun, I was informed that currently the only way to update the KG-D901 so it supports 64 zones is to mail your radio to their office/factory. The address can be found on their website.

I also asked if there are plans to release a firmware update to the public in the near future, and they said "not yet"

N4KVE

Mail it to China? This is why I dispise these Dollar Store radios. At least with Icom, Kenwood, or Yaesu, they have service centers in this country.

Status
Not open for further replies.